Sites in Lake District

Rabkia

T6 Pro
I’m looking to go to the Lake District next Friday just for a couple of nights, amour needs are showers, and toilet, must be dog friendly and somewhere we can let them run free , preferably close to a decent pub for food but not a deal breaker, any recommendations

Thx

Braithwaite caravan and camping club.
You'll have to take the dogs off site to run but plenty space around there for them.
The Coledale Inn is only a 10 minute walk away and great food. Great breakfasts at the cafe across the road. About a 45 minute walk to keswick.

Burns Farm, between Keswick and Threkeld. Top notch facilities, dog friendly, though the pub (in Threkeld) is more like 30 minutes walk away, but is also dog friendly.
Our favourite place.

Thinking about it...when we were there in March it was very busy and the popular times for eating at pubs were pretty booked up, especially at weekends, so maybe worth booking ahead.

I was at Coniston Hall weekend before last. Nice location right by the lake but quite 'lively'. I imagine it is luck of the draw who you end up next to but not exactly a family campsite if that is what you are after. I would say the reviews are accurate.

If you want something quieter (still busy when we were there but curfew was adhered to) but also right on the lake I'd recommend here on Ullswater. Was very impressed and will be going back.

Last edited:
Is this site ok? I’ve not been, If you read ‘trip advisor’ you would not want to go there,
It's a few years since we've camped at Coniston Hall. Great for canoe because it's on the lake. Fairly basic site and you might need some tough tent pegs for an awning as the ground is quite rocky and hard. No frills but great in good weather.

The National Trust site at Great Langdale is always a good shout with three pubs nearby (though the Sticklebarn was closed when we went a month ago).

Wasdale campsite near Wastwater is also good (and pretty quiet) with the walk up Scafell Pike on the doorstep and the Wasdale Head Inn 15-20 mins walk away. The pub can get very busy though particularly if the weather turns as people seek shelter, food and drink rather than cook at their tent, as we found to our cost two weeks ago when we couldn't get a table to eat for love nor money.

Back