Single Rear Kombi Seat Floorbrackets And Seat Belt

Looking for a single kombi rear seat and hardware

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Do you have a camera hidden in my garage and just request the parts you can see?
I have a new single seat exactly as it came out the van from new, but not the floor brackets.

Although I've no idea what they are worth, and unlike all the other goodies you've had off me, this one might not fit in the boot of my brothers car...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::thumbsup: let me know if you want to sell I'll come and collect with beer vouchers in hand

Just realised it's potentially not a standard fitment, depending on where you wanted to locate the seat in the rear.
I basically had VW swap the standard 2+1 rear seats to a 1+2, meaning they seem to put the single behind the passengers seat, double behind the drivers in UK vans, but I had it swapped to the other way round, putting the single behind the drivers seat (there was a reason for this and it's to do with how we configured the van to accommodate my scaffold tower and the extra sliding door)

I know when I tried to get floor mats, that no one could supply these due to this, and from memory the seats are handed left or right?

To make that complex paragraph make a little more sense, the single seat fits behind my drivers seat only because 1, it's handed and 2, the seat anchor is on the other side.

Last edited:
Hmmm can you post some pics of the seat please I want it to put in one of my campers as I have a customer who needs 6 seats

Sorry, it's slightly buried in the garage, but these should help.

You can see the belt anchor on the right, and if you look how the legs sit, they are over the the right on the base and not central, plus the folding handle is on the left.
I had to pay extra to have all this, and I assumed it's just the same seats but from a European build, because VW said the floor fixings were the LHD configuration.

20180518_225748.jpg 20180518_225804.jpg

The rubber Kombi floor mats are all the same. On the underside is templated for all of the possible seat anchor positions, so they simply cut out the ones required dependant upon what seating configuration you have; 1x3, 3x1, 2+1, or 1+2. It is then the same scenario for the potential to have a third row put in the back on the same floor mat.

Thanks @DaveyB I guess that makes perfect sense from a manufactures point of view, and if you are careful cutting out the new holes. you could plug any old ones with the flooring you removed.

The problem with this seat is the seat belt as I can't anchor it on the kitchen side if I can change the buckle to the other side of the seat that would be ok

The problem with this seat is the seat belt as I can't anchor it on the kitchen side if I can change the buckle to the other side of the seat that would be ok

Just looked and I don't think they can be swapped over simply because the legs are offset and not central, so the belt has no bolt point on the other side, plus the actual stalk wouldn't be long enough because of this offsetting if that makes sense.

I'd like to come and have a look sometime to suit you
@Paul Holmes, that is an 'offside' second row seat. Where are you looking to locate it? Whilst the floor is adaptable "cut out the relevant piece" there is still only certain locations that will take certain seats, its kind of like a jigsaw puzzle.

@Paul Holmes, that is an 'offside' second row seat. Where are you looking to locate it? Whilst the floor is adaptable "cut out the relevant piece" there is still only certain locations that will take certain seats, its kind of like a jigsaw puzzle.

Which is why I don't think it will fit anywhere but on the offside, where he has the kitchen. I don't even know if it would sit in the fixings anywhere else, not to mention the seat would sit too far over to the left, if placed on the right of the floor, leaving an odd gap.

Last edited:
I have quickly drawn up the configuration possibilities for the second row.

7B045316-D628-487B-9A9D-4D5B68A44386.jpeg

Each combination is a different colour. Note that the brackets are not equally spaced across the floor, hence why a near side single seat won’t fit on the offside, or in the middle. You need to get the correct seat for the correct location.

Back