Silly Question About Captain Seats

RosscoPCole

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Sorry for the obvious question, but can you store things inside a Captain Seat as you can the double front seat?
I've never looked when I've been in other buses.
Apologies again and thanks.

There's a space underneath, but it's open at (and accessible from) the front so there's a risk of it coming out when braking hard

Sorry for the obvious question, but can you store things inside a Captain Seat as you can the double front seat?
I've never looked when I've been in other buses.
Apologies again and thanks.
I do! There is space underneath them and I store a fair amount under them. There is nothing stopping stuff coming out the front (but you could fashion something) and you need to be careful of the wires!

Just looked at what I store under them and like i thought it is a lot. I have:
Jack
Tyre wrench
Box of spare fuses
Bungee cords
Ctek charger
Tyre pump
Jump leads
Tow rope
1l coolant
1l oil
Mini tool kit
Gorilla tape
Tie down rope
Hack saw
Superglue
Extension reel

And I still have a spare space

Just looked at what I store under them and like i thought it is a lot. I have:
Jack
Tyre wrench
Box of spare fuses
Bungee cords
Ctek charger
Tyre pump
Jump leads
Tow rope
1l coolant
1l oil
Mini tool kit
Gorilla tape
Tie down rope
Hack saw
Superglue
Extension reel

And I still have a spare space
Genuine question, how do you avoid banjaxing all the wiring with that there as well?

MrsRT has always stuffed things under the front of the seats on roadtrips and I'd really like to try and close the front off a bit and tidy the wiring as much as possible get some useful space here.

I know Evo Motion do some magnetic rear covers to replace the plastic stock ones but not aware of anyone doing something for the front?

Genuine question, how do you avoid banjaxing all the wiring with that there as well?

MrsRT has always stuffed things under the front of the seats on roadtrips and I'd really like to try and close the front off a bit and tidy the wiring as much as possible get some useful space here.

I know Evo Motion do some magnetic rear covers to replace the plastic stock ones but not aware of anyone doing something for the front?
So I make sure all the wiring lays ontop and isn’t snagged or caught on anything. Also pretty much everything under there is only low use/emergency stuff so I’m not pulling stuff in and out all the time.

The backs already have a cover from the conversion. For the front I was going to look at making some but to date nothing has slid out. On the drivers side the jack is at the front and makes a good retainer. For the drivers I think things are just fitted well so don’t move about.

Like everything in the van it’s like a puzzle until it all fits together

Back