Silent Coat

Discussion in 'Interiors, Seating, Lining' started by John66809, 25 Jul 2018.

1. John66809

John66809 Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Going to start sound proofing my Kombi. Is Silent coat the best stuff? Best place to get it from.

2. Bigtrucknuts

Bigtrucknuts New Member

Map
    Iv just put it in mine and I think it’s ace. Easy to apply and stick very well. Doesn’t smell or anything like that.

Iv only done the silent coat so far as I wanted to evaluate the result.
    Going over bumps and potholes is a dull thud now rather than a bang. Road noise is reduced in tone. So it’s a thumbs up from
    me.

Best place is, The Sound Deadening Shop

John66809 likes this.
  3. VWROBERT

VWROBERT Senior Member T6 Guru

Map
    Did mine earlier this year made a big difference. I got mine from Amazon

John66809 likes this.
  4. N58amx

N58amx Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Done half of mine ...
    Still got the battle scars from putting it in them awquard places!
    Mind the cut edges

Anthony Ullyart, John66809 and andys like this.
  5. Bigtrucknuts

Bigtrucknuts New Member

Map
    I think the trick is not to go too mental with it. Cover the wheel aches in a patchwork but with the rest just put a single sheet in the middle of the large panels. Any more and your into diminishing returns because two pads don’t have twice the effect. I bought a bulk pack of 40. Iv done the sides and wheel arches. Didn’t do the roof because that’s going at some point. And the floor is getting a thick rubber mat.

John66809 and VWROBERT like this.
  6. VWROBERT

Map
    Yes can be quite dangerous, I wore work glove and used a small roller in awkward places. Well worth it though

N58amx and John66809 like this.
  7. John66809

John66809 Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Just done both kombi sliding doors rear quarters and wheel arches up to now. The difference is very noticeable. Used 30 sheets. Tailgate next. Don't know about the roof and floor is it a good idea to do the front doors too.

8. VWROBERT

Map
    Did back panels roof and sliding door on my Kombi too, decided not to bother with the floor. Tried to remove tailgate panel but was difficult to get switch out so left it for now

John66809 likes this.
  9. spook

spook ONE LOVE ONE LIFE VIP Member T6 Guru

YEP HERE TOOO IMG_3891.JPG

VWROBERT and John66809 like this.