Side Bar Rust

Mavis628

T6 Pro
Hi guys
I have noticed rust on the drivers side side bar, these are genuine Vw bars purchased from Cheltenham Vw September 2018, what’s the chances they will replace it? Should it be going rusty already !

CFC25170-F0D7-4731-9B94-95683F0DDF4B.jpeg

Mine have done exactly the same, in the same place, also genuine VW from October 2017.

Probably not ‘pickled’ correctly after welding and before plating.

Probably not ‘pickled’ correctly after welding and before plating.

More likely the fact we all shove oversized wheels on our vans meaning the stones firing off the tyres are hitting the bars and chipping them. That might explain why the front of my bars are still perfect, because the mud flap stops this.

Reactions: DXX
More likely the fact we all shove oversized wheels on our vans meaning the stones firing off the tyres are hitting the bars and chipping them. That might explain why the front of my bars are still perfect, because the mud flap stops this.

Good point. It might be an unpopular comment but since joining this forum I’ve noticed there don’t seem to be that many benefits to modifying the T6 running gear.

I had mine replaced under warranty by VW approx 18 Months ago. The new ones are also rusting.
I have had enough and learned to live with it.
Life is too short to worry about that.
Scot

Back