Side assist troubles- help !

Fluff34567

Swiss member
T6 Guru
Hi all, months ago I started to get random side assist not available messages on the dash. After 2 days the system was dead.
Obdeleven s an came up with the rear right sensor at fault. I read several posts stating calibration needed for a new unit but a used unit can be swapped and no need for calibration etc.

I order a used unit online, that turned out to be virtually new . I had a failure message of " no basic setting" so assumed it was because the unit was new.

I ordered a definitely used unit, but that's the same, resulting fault of no basic setting. Fault code is C111554 and the fault is static.

I have driven hoping it might recalibrate and detect motion but no such luck.

I'm suspecting it's not the sensor unit at the back ofbthe van that's at fault , but rather a higher control module.

I guess I'm limited with obdeleven of how much I can troubleshoot so any ideas or tips greatly would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

I've always had to calibrate them using ODIS regardless of they're used or not

Thanks for input, hmmm then might explain things. Is it just ODIS needed or does there need to be some special calibration tool/ rig needed?

No just ODIS, parametise to van and sets its own calibration there's nothing for it to look at as such and the calibration file is just one for a transporter even though they're labelled different from what I've read and discussed elsewhere the same module fits in various cars. VCP may also be able to do it but never tried

Brilliant thanks! I asked as read has to be a special dealer with the calibration rig similar to the wheel alignment paddles etc.

Will swing by a local independent for a chat

The side assist sensors I've done are at the rear. Not sure if there's any upfront that are done differently

Back