Show me your pop top!

Hi all, I'm researching which pop top I want for my LWB van.

I'd love to see pics of your pop tops (up and down)

And any pro's/cons about size, fastenings, practicality, canvas etc?

Any help greatly appreciated ♥️

Hi Alison

I really like my Reimo roof... Its very good quality, the canvas seems very durable and its easy to put the roof up with the struts... you need to be a little bit careful pulling it down not to trap the canvas in the scissor hinge at the back, so i find pulling the canvas in from the inside while slowly lowering the roof works for me... I also double tie it down from the inside before driving off for added security... hope this helps

0E1C1905-364D-44AA-86A5-9C6B401C1CF4.jpegRoof_up.jpg

Another for Reimo - I have a LWB and they now do the open sky version, which is brilliant. Mine also has some special plastic fittings inside at the rear that automatically pulls the canvas in as you drop the roof to avoid it getting trapped. It seems to work well, but I always check and take great care. I don't know if it's exclusively a Reimo issue, but you'll need a Reimo rail either side to guide rain water from the roof onto the front screen - unless you like cold water running down the back of your neck when you get out of the door!IMG_8146.JPGFF9D33A1-A03B-4BDC-BDEB-5A35DEAE1854.jpeg3D365144-69EE-441C-8128-3223A93CE5F8.jpeg

0CB99B96-1A6F-4596-9C70-DC011C46DAC9.jpeg

Great stuff, I'd not looked at Reimo yet so I'll have a little research on those, original I had my heart set on Hilo but after reading about some unhappy people on here with them I'm having second thoughts,

I've also been looking at the skyline Arora one too

All food for thought!

A bellows bungee will help “pinch in” the bellows when lowering the roof. This reduces the risk of it getting caught up in the rear hinges

They really are tall arnt they!? How have you found it? Who fitted it?

Good cnao set up you have there too, is your awning sheet fastened onto a rail? That would save having a wind out awning on my van all year round!

Thanks
There’s plenty of space for sure. I’m pleased with it now, but it’s took a lot of work to get it to this point. My fitted didn’t do a very good job. I had lots of leaks. It was finally sorted by HiLo. It had not been sealed correctly.

My van has a sliding door on both sides. There is an awning rail both sides too. This makes the setup versatile. I wanted a wind out awning but I couldn’t see the point in having a low profile roof that’s hardly noticeable when down, then sticking an awning cassette on the side.

There’s plenty of space for sure. I’m pleased with it now, but it’s took a lot of work to get it to this point. My fitted didn’t do a very good job. I had lots of leaks. It was finally sorted by HiLo. It had not been sealed correctly.

My van has a sliding door on both sides. There is an awning rail both sides too. This makes the setup versatile. I wanted a wind out awning but I couldn’t see the point in having a low profile roof that’s hardly noticeable when down, then sticking an awning cassette on the side.
Ah yes so it those kind of things that have put me off, my luck would be to get a rubbish fitter lot of money for it not to be right!

I was looking at a wind out awning for the versatility of having it in or out at different time of day etc, shade sun or rain.

But your set up could be another option for me to think of,

Thanks

Back