Should I change fleece liner?

Octane85

T6 Pro
Hey all,

The van I bought recently is already sound deadened and insulated.
The guy uses the fleece type insulation but I’ve seen a lot of newer conversions seem to go for the adhesive mat type.

Is there a considerable difference in the two, and before I go too far in the conversion should I be looking to change to the adhesive mat?

Hey all,

The van I bought recently is already sound deadened and insulated.
The guy uses the fleece type insulation but I’ve seen a lot of newer conversions seem to go for the adhesive mat type.

Is there a considerable difference in the two, and before I go too far in the conversion should I be looking to change to the adhesive mat?
My van has the fleece type insulation. It’s warm enough overnight in winter so I have no concerns there. If I was starting fresh I’d go down the multiple layer route for the soundproofing qualities it probably has but I don’t feel the need to change - better upgrades to spend my money on I think.

Have you tried it on a cool night and does it keep you warm? If so you probably have your answer.

If you have deadening and fleece then I would leave it. The adhesive mat helps the sound and thermal properties, but the fleece has the best impact on thermal insulation- you have 60mm of instead of 5.

Back