Shoddy Work

Caravellet6

T6 Legend
I got the van back from the body shop on weds, the missus looks at it yesterday and says "there a dent in the door". Sure enough if you stand back and look down the van there is a dent, poor attempt at filling the dent left by the attempted break in.

Guess Vehicle Bodycare of Leeds will be getting a call in the morning.......

I feel your pain, had a replacement front bumper fitted to mine following a minor shunt and got wrinkles in the paint and drips of dried lacquer on the edges, thankfully the boss at the garage apologised profusely and offered to do it again plus some extra bits for free so cant complain.
Mistakes happen its how companies react/respond to those mistakes that I judge them by so fingers crossed for both of us

That's awful, mistakes do happen but where's the quality control before hand over to customer? A lot of businesses fail on someone doing a simple check before product/ service is released to customer.

To be fair the MD called me back today and wants to meet me and the van tomorrow, can't fault the customer service so far.

Heard back yesterday, they are going to have it back in to fix the dent, sort the lumpy black foil they had applied and reseat the window where they left a big lump of sealant in sight.

They tried to tell me the dent is the in the panel where the edge of the window is pressed, it's true there is some distortion, unavoidable when pressing panels but the repaired side is clearly where they dressed the dent, as I pointed out with my pictures of before and after!

Just got mine back from carbody (Banbury)Ltd. after some old couple collided with the passenger side whilst travelling the M40:(:mad:
They had it for weeks but when it was returned their repair was beyond belief - absolutely dreadful. I could have done better myself, on the drive, with isopon and rattle cans! It went straight back and the guy rang me on the Monday and agreed it needed to be redone as there was still a dent in the passenger door! Why send it out if they know its a crap job.
Got it back this weekend - its better but still shodily poor - clear join edge of the passenger door, a paint run on the edge of the same door, paint meter shows 1200 microns in places!!!!!
If anyone is told their pride and joy is going to be repaired at this place don’t accept. It used to have a good reputation but my experience suggests its been taken over by ‘bodge-it and hopeforthebest’

Just got mine back from carbody (Banbury)Ltd. after some old couple collided with the passenger side whilst travelling the M40:(:mad:
They had it for weeks but when it was returned their repair was beyond belief - absolutely dreadful. I could have done better myself, on the drive, with isopon and rattle cans! It went straight back and the guy rang me on the Monday and agreed it needed to be redone as there was still a dent in the passenger door! Why send it out if they know its a crap job.
Got it back this weekend - its better but still shodily poor - clear join edge of the passenger door, a paint run on the edge of the same door, paint meter shows 1200 microns in places!!!!!
If anyone is told their pride and joy is going to be repaired at this place don’t accept. It used to have a good reputation but my experience suggests its been taken over by ‘bodge-it and hopeforthebest’
OMG, that is dreadful! Carbody used to be THE place to take vehicles for repairs. Really sorry they haven’t lived up to my previous comments about how they were good. Clearly gone down the pan with the previous owner no longer being involved. Hope you get it sorted. if you are not happy tell your insurance company that you want it taking to an independent 3rd party to assess the work that has been completed, with a view to getting it stripped back and finally done properly. Don’t accept it if it is not good enough; it’ll always do your nut in every time you look at it otherwise.

Back