Scratched window

Caravellet6

T6 Legend
God knows how but I've two scratches on the laminated sliding door window on the outside anyone know a safe way of polishing them out? I assume the tint is in the laminate but checking before I cock anything up, thanks!

What a pain!
Happened to our Cali in the drivers side window. Noticed it less than a week after getting it: no idea how they got there. Bugged me until I sold it!

I am not a expert at glass scratch removal but in my experience it not easy if there deep (you can feel the scratch with your nail) all my glass damage gets recycled and replaced. there are glass polishing machines available, i have used them before. they are just polishing wheels with fine cutting paste (takes a lot of time) All you are doing is grinding the glass down until the mark has gone.
If you try some glass cutting paste you may be able to fade it enough not to bother you.

Last edited:
Keep in mind it is too hard to make scratch on a glass. if you try you will broke it. So ask dealer to return in under warranty, I think you did not see them till now. isn't it?

Keep in mind it is too hard to make scratch on a glass. if you try you will broke it. So ask dealer to return in under warranty, I think you did not see them till now. isn't it?
Thanks not sure they will agree it's a warranty claim, not sure when or how it happened!

My mother accidentally scratched a window of ours many years ago, she was using a screen wipe and allowed her engagement ring to slide round and the diamond caused the scratch, it was so distracting/annoying that one day... "a stone flew up from a recently dressed road" and it smashed so I had to get Autoglass out to replace it.... :whistle:

Jeweller's rouge worked for me on a very fine glass scratch on a previous car. Took ages to polish out though.

Jeweller's rouge worked for me on a very fine glass scratch on a previous car. Took ages to polish out though.

I have used this compound before with a big hand held polishing wheel and it does take for ever , got bored in the end :(.....if there deep, much easier to change the glass

Have only put two subtle ones on the new van,its much more a sophisticated colour and doesn't need stickers to cover it;)

What are they then? Two large white vinyl wrap stickers that cover the van and make it look like a cool white van :rofl::rofl:

God knows how but I've two scratches on the laminated sliding door window on the outside anyone know a safe way of polishing them out? I assume the tint is in the laminate but checking before I cock anything up, thanks!

Hi. Polishing glass has become a much better science recently. Cerum Oxide is the choice of compound. As mentioned, if you can get your finger nail into it, then the risk of distortion increases. Where are you locatwd?

Hi. Polishing glass has become a much better science recently. Cerum Oxide is the choice of compound. As mentioned, if you can get your finger nail into it, then the risk of distortion increases. Where are you locatwd?
Hi @VGC Ltd I'm near Wakefield (home) or Leeds (work). Can just about catch it with a finger nail, reckon it will polish out or at least be less obvious with the right gear!

Hi. I will take a look tomorrow, as I am sure that I have a client in Leeds with the equipment required.

Back