Rural Areas Near Newton Le Willows

andys

Ex member
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Nothing to do with T6s, but thought I'd try and use the widespread nature of the forum to see if anyone has any local knowledge.

I live in a quiet rural village in Lincolnshire and have done for the past 12yrs. I'm 55 and will be taking early retirement in the next few years and want to be close to my daughter and grandaughter. It looks like she has decided her future is in Newton le Willows, but I've been there and it's not for me.

The trouble is, I live in as close to my dream house/area as I ever thought I would do (the house is nothing special but suits me perfectly and I've spent years tailoring it exactly to me) I like the quiet life and I couldn't live anywhere even semi urban, seriously there are probably no more than 5-6 cars a night go past after 6pm and at 10pm it's absolute silence. But I won't be able to afford to keep driving the 200 mile round trip all the time after I've retired so I'm looking to move in that direction.

So the TL;DR is, is there any really quiet rural area within max 30 mins drive of Newton-le-Willows?

It all depends on your budget, you’re on the edge of the Cheshire Riviera, solitude won’t come cheap.

It all depends on your budget, you’re on the edge of the Cheshire Riviera, solitude won’t come cheap.
Ah yes forgot to mention, I utterly hate north Cheshire area so not looking southward really. Lived in Crewe then Knutsford for a while and not going back.

Back