Roof vents and linning

Adebus

Has anyone got the additional 6 roof vents for rear aircon plus rear section heater built into side and them gone on to get it lined out ?
Curious to see how it looks compared to standard and and issues it caused.

Hi @Adebus I have the rear heat/aircon in my kombi and have been looking round at the line out solutions that are available for this but there dont seem much out there. My local large converter suggested it was just left how it was , another said that they had done one before and it was to much messing so they dont do it any more . So not a great start really. The one company i see do a nice job is Camper van line outs gallery1 Have a look see what you think?

Umm hadn't considered the rear aircon would be an issue.
Want to do mine towards the end of the year.
Will be very interested to see the answers re full carpeting.

We havent done one of these yet @Adebus but love a challenge. Drop me a call on 07739508050 and we will get the ball rolling :thumbsup:

I have had a little look at it with Brett (Slidepods workshop manager) and we see no reason we couldnt treat it just like a normal lining job....
The only difference being the heater setup and roof, For these we would carpet the rear heater panel and the duct (however I would consider leaving the duct in carpeted, then we would CNC Cut a one peice headlining as opposed to recovering the factory panels, (The one piece headlining makes a massive difference to the feel of the inside of the van)

We would just add the vent holes into the CAD drawings for our one piece headlining and look at a bit of a custom build for the position of the rear speakers.
We get plenty of vans in with the rear heater but have literally only ever seen one at the workshop that had the roof vents. We regularly fit SCA roofs to Caravelle executives with sunroofs and re position the ducting etc in these so in no way daunted by lining your van out :thumbsup: in fact the boys would love to get it in as its a break from the norm :)

Back