Rimblades

Mike88

T6 Pro
Hi has anyone bought a set of rimblades to protect Alloys been thinking off getting a set. Just wondered if any one has a set and If there any good

A friend has a set on his a6 and they have seriously protected the alloys! He has caught them a few times so they do look a bit scuffed in places but has saved expensive refurb on the alloys! So easy to catch low profiles nowadays so not bad. Think his were gator????

I ended up getting a set of grey Rimblades Scuffs and got round to putting them on today inbetween other jobs, and I'm not all that impressed. They seemed to do several types and the ones I've ended up buying are like a roll of flexible edging trim with tape on the back and their flexibility has meant that they look a bit wobbly on, like a bead of silicone thats been fed round. They also don't fit well over the spokes of the Devonports so that makes them look worse. Not sure that they'll offer much protection but we'll see. I think if I was getting them again I'd get the rigid pre-formed ones.

File 04-07-2017, 15 15 57.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit of an update on these, the front two have come off already. The problem seems to be that the strip can't adhere to the spokes of the Devonports and stands clear at the joins. I guess they're really only suitable for wheels that have a flat face all the way round so that it doesn't leave gaps where they can start to peel away. I'll have a more detailed look at the other types of Rimblades but I wouldn't recommend the Scuffs with this type of wheel

Well after losing a third rimblade on the way back from Wales last weekend I decided to rip the remaining one off and clean up the wheels. Well what an absolute bstrad that is! The VHB tape they were stuck on with seems almost impossible to remove, I tried plastic scraper, heatgun, isopropyl alcohol, white spirit. Eventually tried a scotchbrite pad soaked in solvent and managed to scratch the wheel :mad:
I still haven't got it off and the bits of rimblade and adhesive still stuck to the wheels look worse than if I'd kerbed them.

I can't express how much I hate these stupid things, I wish I'd never heard of them, probably going to need to have my wheels refinished now :cry:

I dug this thread out a few days ago as I was looking for some advice on alloy protection; my car was going in to get ceramic coating and the guys doing it offered to put Alloy Gators on whilst they had the car. Despite the negative experiences above I decided to go ahead and, so far at least, I am very pleased with the results:-
42790160_1920108918081987_585366560265207808_o.jpg

Back