Rib Neptune 60 Single Seats

matthew durham

VIP Member
hi I’m looking at RIB Neptune 60 single seats but there is no fitting kit available like there is for the RIB 112cm bed . Has anyone fitted single seats and what fixing did you use ? Thanks

Hi Matthew. Did you ever fit Neptune 60’s? I thought RIB did a fitting kit?

I am interested in buying some. Would you recommend them?

Andrew

Hi,
I’m looking to fit 2 RIB Neptune seats and have just seen your thread. There are a couple of threads regarding conversion of panel van to Kombi. I’m wandering if the Neptune frame can pick up the mounting points for the second row of seats, thereby only requiring hardware?
cheers
Spocky

Hi buddy,

Well they are still not fitted. But booked in for install in around a month with a new floor that has to be fitted too. Which is 12mm MDF floor with Altro covering.

It’s just shy of £1k fitting cost and a two day job apparently to fabricate custom seat brackets. The company that are doing it are a RIB installer and have a good reputation.

A few RIB installers around the country gave me varying prices from £950 - £1250 to do the same job.

When it’s finished I will post pictures so you can see where the brackets are installed.

Best wishes Andy

Ouch, that’s a lot, I know the tank has to come out so there’s a fair bit of work in it, but even so. Are they using a tested/approved installation? Looking forward to seeing the installation. Cheers,
Steve

They have said that it will come with documentation proving it was fitted properly for my insurance company.

I bought the seats reduced direct from Banwy during lockdown. They had £900 off to clear stock.

Previously I had a quote which seemed unbeatable at £4100 for basic fabric seats. £5200 if I wanted leather. And £5500 to add armrests and Isofix. If I had gone that route the installer would have told RIB what brackets were required and RIB would have sent out the correct brackets.

I spoke to RIB, luckily my neighbour is French. And they had a fairly pragmatic conversation. With the conclusion that RIB will not sell any of their brackets unless you are an approved RIB installer and conform to their stringent guidelines.

So getting the seats For £2900 in leather incl vat and shipping etc. And then getting them fitted and a new floor and vinyl put down for £950 is the best idea I think.

I was surprised how heavy they are. I could really feel the difference driving the van just with the seats in.

Basically it seems to me they have me by the balls. I either do the job myself and save some money but I would still have to pay out £240 for a CNC floor. With a vinyl floor on top of that for money. And then install it myself to save probably only £750.

And risk invalidating my insurance.

There is certainly money to be made in the VW camper van industry that’s for sure.

I will send you the photos after install in early October.

Back