Rib Altair Seat Rattle

UNiCAD

Noticed a rattle which appears to be from my recently fitted rear Altair RIB seat, possibly from one of the headrest.
Has anyone else experienced or resolved this as its driving me nuts!

Try sitting in it whilst somebody else drives you about, you should be able to narrow the source down and get it fixed........

It must be from the slider mechanism as when i pulled the seat fully forward the rattle goes away?
Thinking about greasing the mechanism rails,​

Arghhh its still rattling/squeaking!
Really disappointing, pretty sure its from the offside seat slider mechanism but currently awaiting approval from the supplier who after pictures and videos needs to speak with the manufacturer in France first.
We spent £2.5k on this seat a couple of weeks ago, really was expecting better than this.

Thoughts on how to address this would gratefully received, I have videos and pictures available.

Arghhh its still rattling/squeaking!
Really disappointing, pretty sure its from the offside seat slider mechanism but currently awaiting approval from the supplier who after pictures and videos needs to speak with the manufacturer in France first.
We spent £2.5k on this seat a couple of weeks ago, really was expecting better than this.

Thoughts on how to address this would gratefully received, I have videos and pictures available.
I had the same on my rib seat I sat in the back looking all over for it but couldn’t find where it was coming from
It drove me mad .
I had to just put it out of my mind then eventually after about a month it stoped. And I haven’t heard it since that was 2 years ago. So maybe it just needs to settle in?.

Don't be despondent, the REIMO ones are just as bad! Mine are a Variotech 333.

The headrest slides rattle and are difficult to move up & down. The latter can be fixed by removing the headrest from the seat and rounding off the ends of the rods so that they don't dig into their tubes. I have almost eradicated the rattle by very slightly bending the rods so as to tighten them in their tubes.

Rod

I'm having the same problem with my RIB Altair. I have isolated the problem to the latch mechanism for the bottom seat cushion. It appears the rod the lever is attached to is somehow rattling against something inside the seat cushion. I think there is a tube in the cushion that the rod goes through and the rod is small enough diameter that it flexes and rattles against the tube. I need to take it apart and see what's going on.

Back