Residual value

Caravellet6

T6 Legend
Here's a laugh then, my Skoda Yeti went in for some work today, 2yrs 17k miles and twice the front suspension has needed work. Anyway while I'm there I thought check what is wort, might chop it in early.
Current value is already just below predicted RV buy price in 12 months time, mostly due to emissions scandal (salesman admitted this) and yes it has the affected engine.
That means in 12 months when the lease is up its likely to be trading £3k under RV, guess there is a big problem with cars coming back that owners like me don't want to buy at the end of their lease, salesman hinted VAG are going to offer incentives to affected owners to stay brand loyal, we will see!

Partly why we buy with cash - at least we know we'll be stung and roughly by how much.
My old 335d was bought (sort of) from the dealer for £9k. It went on at their used car dealership for £13.5k the next day...

Partly why we buy with cash - at least we know we'll be stung and roughly by how much.
My old 335d was bought (sort of) from the dealer for £9k. It went on at their used car dealership for £13.5k the next day...
Totally agree cash or in our case interest free, why pay the buggers twice!

Gotta be honest my residual value on my 1985 Porsche 911, 3.2 carrera sport with original bill of sale hasn't gone down one bit ...... But is moving the other way......#moneyinthebank :thumbsup:

We had similar experience with our Nissan Qashqai in March. Dealer offered us over £1000 less than outstanding finance. After some negotiating we managed to agree a good deal on an Xtrail - Dealer agreed suck up the negative equity, contribute £2000 to new vehicles as well as 0% apr. didn't tell themI had no intention of buying one - we'd already ordered the T6! In the end we paid off Qashqai and sold it privately for significantly more than dealer had offered us and outstanding finance! Shysters!

I saw this in Galicia and loved it.
Raised 4wd T25/3 with a Subaru 2.5 (same as our Outback) engine transplant. The German owner was a top bloke too.

image_zps6k9ygrcs.jpe

Yeah I never knew what it meant until my brother in law pointed it out. Went on to DVLA and was very surprised to find a T6 version.

I'm getting all emotional reminiscing about our T3 lol, but if I drove it now I'd realise it didn't go, stop or handle!
My dad had one for about 15 years; 2.1 petrol, decent camper conversion. Really good van but like yours, it started to throw hissy fits so got chopped in for a T4 Caravelle which he's converted (really well). It's on 18s...

Titian Red only saw one other on the road, amazing colour quite rare, got lots of looks.
Was actually a nice drive being a 2.1 injection auto but only 3 speed and 25 mpg!
Now living in retirement in Dorset somewhere near Lyme Regis.

I had the exact same model and colour @Caravellet6 a truly lovely van, really comfy and surprisingly pokey with the auto box. Same BHP as the Golf GTI at the time as I remember. I do have a photo somewhere, i'll have to dig it out now i'm reminiscing!

There was a T3 sat inside the factory ,bet it had never be outside .,also parked up was Pete Townsend's T2 camper done by westfallia bet that's worth a fortune ,it was just on display at the side of the 2km
Long street that runs through the first floor of the factory

Simple way of dealing with diesels:
My old Octavia 1.9.tdi Hatch 128k on the clock bought it new in 2004 just before the new model came out and got 2.5k worth of extras for nowt. Still going never cost me anymore than its servicing apart from when I filled it with petrol late one night! well it was my first diesel and I'd only had it two years lol . When she doesn't pass the MOT (shortly methinks) it'll be a good be thanks for all the miles and I'll be on my motorbike or the van or the MX5 if wifes not using it!
MOT wise the suspension is shot but doesn't leak, all and I mean all the rubber bushes which have anything to do with the suspension are shot we bang and bottom out on the roads where I work which is entertaining. Engine is as strong as the day we bought it and still returns 50+mpg Plus I work in the inner city with drug and alcohol and mental health so had a few windows smashed when I've upset a dealer or what ever ha ha.
I must admit I was a little worried about the diesel situation but as the T6 will be a keeper (regretted selling our T25 within minutes!) Hopefully my girls will look after it when I'm pushing up daisy's!

Back