Removing Passenger Captain Seat

Dil S-J

VIP Member
Good afternoon all,
So having finally decided the best option for me in regards to a '6th Seat' in my 2023 T6.1 Kombi, it's now time to fit my newly purchased double front seat. Having looked under the seat, it just looks like a LOAD of electric wires under there!!!! Before i start undoing the seat bolts on the runner to remove the seat, are the electrics going to be a problem? There don't seem to be any connections to the new double i have. I just don't want to start on this if it's going to need a degree in electrics!!! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Diolch

Croeso!

The electrics under the passenger seat are there on all models, its not for the seat unless you have heated seat?
The electrics that are there will fit as they are to the new seat, some models have a plastic relay holder bolted to the seat base, you should just be able to swap that over the new seat base.

The only things to consider (which you may have done already) is did your van have a single passenger seat from the factory? if so there will only be 4 bolts in the floor for the single seat base and the double will need 6? the extras wont be there by default. Also the airbag will only be there for a single seat not the double, afraid I dont know any solutions on that one. Search on here may help

Thank you. Put my mind at ease and a great help. The answer is 'no' to the heated seats. I've ordered the additional bolts from 'Just Kampers' and they should be here this week. Think the airbag is a different league to what i'm capable of. Has anybody on here dealt with this problem?

Remember your old single captains seat will have quite a lot of value!

We had a double seat originally and SWMBO found it uncomfortable so fitted a single. On the odd occasion we need 6 seats I have a single shuttle seat with integral belt that goes in the third row.

Re the wiring - mine all fitted into a plastic frame in which the loom plugs all join together. This simply unscrewed (2 self tappers IIRC) from the double seat and reattached to the single seat - no extra holes to drill or cables to alter. On the double there was a clip on cover to protect the cables (as its used for storing stuff)

Ian

Back