Removal of speed limiter

Jay

Gas Engineer - Baxi Boilers
T6 Guru
Hi guys. Picked up thw new work van today,

Driving home I find ita got a speed limiter activated. Has anyone found a way to remove this via vcds.

Thanks

Jay

I believe that it cannot be done! I have heard stories of trader's less experienced staff setting the speed limiter as a joke then finding the only solution was to pay for a new ECU as the limit can only be lowered NOT raised.

BUT I guess the companies who do ECU re-maps would be the folks to contact.

Rod

Research i have done sugests you need to remap ecu. Pendle can do it but may need to go to their main base.

With vcds you can only reduce not increase.

Maybe a remap in the future because this 102 is really under powered.

I recently bought an ex British Gas Caddy van that was limited to 70.
I had it removed, back to standard by Martin, here Vantuner.com | A more professional van tuning service
I think it was about £100
He did offer to remap it for a bit extra, but the van was for my 18 year old son, so I left it as standard.
I did speak to him about remapping my Crafter which is terribly under powered, and he seemed quite clued up.

Research i have done sugests you need to remap ecu. Pendle can do it but may need to go to their main base.

With vcds you can only reduce not increase.

Maybe a remap in the future because this 102 is really under powered.

What's it restricted to?
We used to run a fleet of Merc Sprinters that were restricted to 71mph and I found them actually quite dangerous on the motorways when you overtook cars with BMW's and Audi's barreling down on you!

What's it restricted to?
We used to run a fleet of Merc Sprinters that were restricted to 71mph and I found them actually quite dangerous on the motorways when you overtook cars with BMW's and Audi's barreling down on you!
Couldn’t they pass you using the 3rd lane?

What's it restricted to?
All my company vans are restricted to 68MPH and the lads are always complaining they are dangerous when trying to overtake. My answer, Don't try and overtake then.
Save a fortune on fuel.

Back