Remap

kjohnr2001

Be yourself - everyone else is taken...
VIP Member
T6 Pro
After months of indecision we had out 2017 T6 T28 remapped and the Adblue mapped-out.
All went fine with the promised upgrade to performance and slight economy.
However after driving it for a couple of miles today, it lost power and struggled to hit 50mm, with the curly amber dash warning light. Checked with Carista and got a few different results…
Reset the message initially but the fault returned after a minute or so.
When we got home (200 miles), turned the van off for a few minutes, restarted it and got error message
Diesel Particulate Filter - see owners manual.
I hope this has nothing to do with the remap and ‘is one of those things’, but has anyone got a definitive steer where I can get this sorted please?
All advice will be gratefully received as the van belongs to swmbo, and she seems to be getting a little despondent…..
Thanks all

88D19851-2DE0-46AC-AD78-8C52E43C9C57.jpeg

0EEB771C-7312-4EA9-96D2-DA7C40F4E096.jpeg

8CE74C0D-37EA-4BBF-88A4-EFF86C1FD74A.jpeg

02E7C28A-6352-457A-BCAB-2049496154D5.jpeg

911A2184-7CF0-445D-A1A3-DB8173FC0C6E.jpeg

You may get away with a regen, which your Carista can do for you.

Did a regen which sorted the dpf issue but definitely need the EGR valve replacing, had to go to VW to get the right one, booked in for the work next week, (time not really an issue at the moment following knee replacement)…
Thanks for the reply though, appreciate it,
Cheers

Which remap did you have? And what do you mean by you had the "Adblue mapped out"?

I guess it could be unrelated to the remap work, but seems like a hell of a coincidence if not. I assume you've let whoever did the remap know?

Not sure which remap was done, will find out over the weekend, regarding the coincidence with the EGR valve, the VW parts fella said they had sold ‘loads of these valves’ and looking on the forums it seems they can fail at any point - I have reset the error code several times but it returns after a couple of minutes. Deleting the adblue also appears to be a relatively common mod….

I’m not aware of anyone on here doing it without having to perform major surgery on the van. If it’s a case of simply coding it out, it’s a new one on me.

Yes, quite. @kjohnr2001 - I would be inquiring in some detail about what it is you’ve actually had done here.

Got me wondering now - will find out and get back….

Back