Rear Wheel Set-Up

Scot

T6 Pro
Hi Guys,
Read numerious threads regarding rear wheel set up after lowering.
Some answers state no it can't be adjusted and others say yes it can.
Someone must know for certain if it can/can't be adjusted after lowering.
Come on all you mechanics.
Scot

IMG_6369.JPGIMG_6368.JPG IMG_6366.JPG IMG_6367.JPG I found this a few months back and reset mine as close as I could to this, I dropped mine about 70mm and reset this new height as my new unladen weight toe in. I couldn't get exactly the reading at unladen but got close

Exactly what is needed. Someone that has actually done the adjustments.
So, to everyone that has/is lowering.. IT CAN BE DONE.
Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Scot

You can adjust toe only on these vans. Camber can be adjusted but you need the power flex adjustable bushes.

Both go out of alignment when lowering.

When lowering the camber becomes more negative. -3degrees lowered 80mm on my t5. Think I'm around -1.8 degrees on my t6 now.
Also the lower your go the more toe in you get. This is for rear stability when carrying weight.
You should have around 1.2-2 degrees of total toe in on the rear.

Toe is what really wears tyres.

On my t5 the camber destroyed my rear tyres but still later 15k.

IMG_0383.JPG Just had mine lowered only 30mm and had tracking and alignment on front and back

Take it we've all seen the modded MX5's look at their back ends, the wheels are splayed out at bottom, in at top, this is camber, and as stated WILL happen if you lower the suspension by ANY amount.. It happens naturally as you load the vehicle, BUT they don't expect it to be this way permanently.. So get the tracking done (4 wheel alignment), as this alters as well due to the different steering arm length dur to the changed angle to the rack, and also get the CAMBER sorted, this uses a different gauge, and also changes the tracking as well!

Camber wears the inside or outside of a tyre, as it dictates which part of the tyres available footprint the vehicle will run on, inside if splay is at bottom, outside if splay is at top..

Tracking scrubs tyres, a bit like ski's, ski's together at back, out at front slowing edge (scrub) is inside edge.. Ski's together at front, out at back, slowing edge (scrub) is outside edge.. Same for your tyres...

Last edited:
This shows the rear camber nicely, set for track use, but illustrates the point of camber adjustment..

Alignment front and back does not include camber reset, unless asked/paid for, and as stated, you need the aftermarket power flex bush kit for this..

image.jpeg

Last edited:
This shows the rear camber nicely, set for track use, but illustrates the point of camber adjustment..

Alignment front and back does not include camber reset, unless asked/paid for, and as stated, you need the aftermarket power flex bush kit for this..

View attachment 6764
Or standard look on some cars like Spits & GT6's as I recall Triumph used to like a bit of camber on the rear.

Yep,@Caravellet6 , used the mx5, as likely to be seen, but spits etc showed it nicely..

@Amped , note they used a 2014 data set to a chassis cab!

Last edited:
Back