Pulling the trigger

My friend, let me assure you - there are a mixed bag of members in this forum in terms of experience and knowledge and everyone will jump to help you.
I've built Minis that would pull 120mph and worked on classic campers since I was a nipper, and honest to god, im asking about something I've not come across on this forum daily - nobody knows everything.
Converting is easy, its the same old process over and over again in 99% of conversions, just with more expensive bits on some vans than others - its the mechanical aspects that keep me awake at night.

Some of us who know motors will agree, weve all had that gut feeling, and on occasion ignored it, and paid the price. Im happy to admit I have.

Its all about what you want out of the van and how you`ll use it. You could look for established converters and get ball park quotes to get an idea of costs. I sourced our van and got it converted so van and conversion are to what we wanted. Good luck, and do your research on both.

I am a one for research, and after I tracked down the original owner and spoke with, he said he had the conversion, done by someone who is paid cash too......(in the style of Peter Jones) I'm out ! I want to take my time with this and build it bit by bit, taking informed decisions with it.
Just out of interest - what's wrong with people who get paid cash? am I missing something?

Might have missed the point of the convo here, but T5-T6 there was an overlap with CAAB coded engines. My 2016 T6 highline has the same engine as some of the T5.1 models - its a 1.9.
Wow really, a mate has a 2012 5.1 and even that is the 2.0! Is this just the lowest power sub 100bhp models that were available as a 1.9?

Might have missed the point of the convo here, but T5-T6 there was an overlap with CAAB coded engines. My 2016 T6 highline has the same engine as some of the T5.1 models - its a 1.9.
Yes, no question there was overlap in engines, but pretty sure it wasn't a 1.9...

Edit: as above; should have read the rest of the posts before responding!

Back