PU 27 Planar Heater Not Working

loublou

I'm bloody freezing just back from 2 weeks withy folks in Florida and can't get heater to work.
I live in my van ... All any help really appreciated.
Please give me easy replies I did not fit it cannot do e where it's connected so can't 'unplug' it.
I've taken all my fuses out, turned everything off and on again still no joy.
It said this in October when I was in Italy after a fuse went but I didn't try to fix it then as I was in the warm ... D'oh!

16700024615127359626844806231953.jpg

I can't really give you any help - the only thing to do is start at the controller and check every connection, break and remake each one, every installation will be different but if you look at the wiring diagrams you should see what connectors there are to check.

Could it be low battery voltage? Many of the error codes appear from dodgy battery, especially if you are parked up for a while.

I really appreciate all your messages ... Could it be possible that the fault occurred when my fuse went ?
If so how do I reboot it??
I don't know how to disconnect it??!!
Found a wire behind but no clue where it goes oh my it's cold ‍️

I installed a Chinese heater a month ago. The controller has a connector close to the controller. If you controller is wall mounted then the connector may be behind the inner wall. If you can, try to gently pull the controller out from the wall to check the connection. My controller has a 'double' rear case. The second case is effectively a holder for the controller. You screw the holder to a surface and clip the controller in. Pull your controller off gently and see if the connector is attached.

Below is a photo of the controller and wiring that connects directly to the heater. They may help you know what you are looking at. There is also a fuse carrier containing 2 x 25A fuses which comes with the heater. 265A371B-F51A-4870-85B6-FF7FA3A2B256.jpeg07C08ABD-4470-4867-9D6A-04763B04997E.jpeg

Thank you all soo much

Took my van to garage that fitted the electrics heater etc (before I bought it) they were soo helpful, they spent 2 hours checking to see what the problem was...

The plastic box my heater is in under the drivers seat outside the van has broken ... So they reckon the loose wires due to this ... I'm keeping everything crossed it wasn't broken before I drove through floods in Sicily ... Otherwise I may need to replace everything

Back