Prospective New Owner

Tim Banham

Hi All,

Joined the site as looking to buy a T6 to be used as an everyday vehicle.

I need the space as have 2 growing lads and 2 labradors and my Zafira is just not quite big enough.

Will be searching site for pointers etc on pros and cons of each model etc

Thanks
Tim

Welcome @Tim Banham, you will find plenty to interest you on the Forum and plenty of advice and guidance if you ask. As the "advisor" to an owner on this Forum it sounds to me that you will need a Kombi, and I would suggest the Highline model, but you will have to decide between SWB and LWB and then decide the engine size and additional items to suit your specific needs and budget.

It is worth remembering that some items can be purchased and added once you have your van, some are better done this way such as mud flaps, but others are better and cheaper when factory fitted such as LED lights. If you become a VIP Member then you can use the Forum Shop to purchase genuine VW parts at less than dealership prices.

Thanks - quick question I am unlikely to be able to afford brand new so would be looking 6-12 months old - so what options should I look for already on the vehicle?

Also would it be sensible to buy a 102ps version and have it tuned or jump straight in at a higher tune?

Thanks

Tim

6 speed on 140 and above, supposedly a better gearbox than the 5 speed.

Thanks - quick question I am unlikely to be able to afford brand new so would be looking 6-12 months old - so what options should I look for already on the vehicle?

Also would it be sensible to buy a 102ps version and have it tuned or jump straight in at a higher tune?

Thanks

Tim
Bear in mind that buying new you can achieve circa 10% off the list price, plus £1750 for taking finance. If you don’t need the finance it can be paid off straight away and you still keep the deposit contribution. You can obviously also spec it how you like

I'm in the same boat, need a van for nights/days away at work and a family run around. Going to look at a 66 plate 2l Tdi 102ps van 30K on the clock next week. Coming from a VW used vehicle centre. Any particular things I need to pay close attention to when inspecting?

Back