Project Cue Case

Deaky

Life’s too short to drink shite beer
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
My eldest is a keen pool player and plays for his uni. For his birthday this year he asked for a cue case but we couldn't find anything that suited his needs, so on a drunken night I agreed to make one :laugh:

Here's a few photo's of the process.

We made the box out of 5mm ply for the top and 9mm mdf I had lying around the workshop. We took measurements of the cue's and partitioned the box to suit. The partitions were 5mm ply just glued into place

20200608_145426.jpg

We decided to line the top and bottom of the case using some old black carpet and foam I had left over from the van

20200609_141919.jpg

To cover the outside of the box we got hold of some Tolex vinyl. The same stuff that Marshall cover their guitar amps and cabinets in.

20200615_143923.jpg

The outside of the box was the easy bit, I was concerned about the inside with all those tight partitions, why not flock it I thought, this would get into the corners easily. One of his cue's has a turquoise inlay so we decided to match that up

20200617_123453.jpg

This damn stuff is everywhere :laugh:

Finally new hinges and catches applied. The box is done. It gives me a great warm feeling to see him grinning over it. We're both really please with how it's turned out.

IMG_8302.jpg
IMG_8303.jpg
IMG_8305.jpg
IMG_8304.jpg

Back