Problems saving page onto my home screen on iphone

Long tall John

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I used to be able to save a thread onto my phone home screen but can’t do it anymore. I get the icon on my home screen but when I open it, it just goes to the form homepage. Has anybody got any suggestions?

I used to be able to do it, so don’t know whether I’ve changed the settings on my phone or the forums not letting me do it ?

Grrrr

The answer is a little complicated

Short answer is the functionality has been lost at the moment (and may or may not return in the future) due to some ongoing changes to the software/setup that I am making
The forum does has a nifty bookmark feature though that allows you to save link and threads directly to your user account, just tap on your avatar at the top then click on bookmarks

EAE91C4E-86C6-436B-A504-EEF01669CA0D.png

No, it’s because I have setup the forum to be installable on mobile devices, a feature called ‘pwa’ so when you save a link it defaults to ?pwa.
Unfortunately because apple refuse to follow conventions and common practises of other companies this is not compatible with iPhones

So you’re blaming Apple but it’s your fault for making the changes?! :whistle:

Only joking, it must be a nightmare for you.

Apple just seem to like making their own rules
No pwa support or push notifications not to mention Java/flash etc, mainstream conventions must not be adhered too !

Back