Porta Potti

Rob 79

T6 Pro
Hi Guys,

looking at getting a port potti for our T6 conversion. Our T6 hasn't been converted yet but we wanted to get a portable potti in advance for a camping trip next week. Any ideas what size we can get that should then fit comfortably under the rear seats when we finally pick up our T6. Looking at either Thetford qube 335 which is 313mm in height or the 345 which is 330mm in height. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hi Rob
We have a rib bed which has 2 doors on the kick panel, one we use as the toilet storage, we could only fit a fiammia bi pot 30 which is 30cm tall and just fits under the bed with maybe 10mm to spare.

When i had the RIB made, i added a little extra height to the frame, so i could put a qube 335 under there on slides (haven't fitted them yet)

the 345 would have been to high

Thanks for all your help people. Not the most exciting subject matter but still.......needs must.:x3:

Interestingly we bought a Thretford 335 and it fits fine.... my wife wanted a decent toilet as there was no way she was peeing in a bucket in the middle of the night.
However, she's since bought a 'piss pot' (medipaq portable urinal) that she thinks is fantastic. Its really easy to pack, easy to use, much cheaper and doesnt get in the way as much. We havent used the toilet since!!! Just a tip from experience

Looked at one too but the practicalities of using one mean we've not even used our cheap "bog in a bag."
You either need to be fully out of sight in the van (then avoid it for a while) or take it somewhere.

So we've learned when free camping to make sure there's a public loo nearby.

Still have to do the occasional "wild bogging" mission though; which I really really don't like having to do.

The worst bit is emptying them, I had six months of emptying the cassette from out caravan and the porta potty indoors while we did the extension, sure I lost over a stone doing it twice a day and no help from my lazy little gits (can't say little when one is 6' 4 & the other 6' ) who with us

Yeah, the problem is when you have a 6 yr old and 4 yr old. Taking them for wee's in the night and also you never know whether its going to be more than just a wee!!:(
Ours were 4 and 6 two years ago when we had the old Cali.
They tend to settle down and sleep really well once they're used to it.

Has he managed to install it in the driver’s seat? That really would be very convenient for the die-hard long distance driver…
Steady round the roundabouts though..... EEEEEWWWWW :thumbsup:

Mine is a Dometic under the rib, standard on the Hillside Birchover. Undowithoutable when you're getting on a bit ;)

I have a PP 135
Its a bit cheaper and has a bellow hand pump rather than a piston and doesnt have a green/red level gauge for the dirty tank. Its identical dimensionally to the 335.

Sadly I can't offer any advice on which porta potti will fit under your seats. However if you need expert advice on how to convince your Mrs to use it I have created a small guide giving detailed steps and key areas to focus on. Let me know if you require assistance in this area and I'll send you the link to my amazon ebook listing "101 ways to make your wife take a dump" its currently in the top 10 best sellers list. ;):D

If anyone is looking for one, I've just discovered my Thetford 165 doesn't fit under my Vanfurniture bed, by about 2cms, so it's for sale....

Back