PLEASE HELP ! BEFORE MY HEAD EXPLODES

Poolman

Ok, sorry if this has been covered in previous posts and I have failed to navigate to them.

so, like many here.....loooking for a van to convert, want to do it slowly, as wishing to make all the right informed choices, and install some good kit over time, such as solar panels etc....Looking at vans, on the regular sites for sale. Budget is 28k k’ ish + vat. I think.........I want a LWB, 203 DSG HIGHLINE COMBI T32 9 I think this combination exists , Looking to turn into a 4 berth, not convinced we would have a cooker (smell etc). Giving us extra storage. I like the thought of the shuttle and removing the last row of seats, as these vans have the windows all round, as well double sliding doors, which I feel is a good idea.

any steers in all aspects, really, really welcome, as I seem to tying myself in knots over which will be best long term.

many thanks in advance james

Hi James. and welcome to the forum. I'm afraid you just have to accept that your head is going to explode - there's just so much to consider and so many options open to you. However, the upside is that everyone here will fall over themselves to help put your head back together, and you'll end up with a vehicle that not only puts a big smile on your face, but is hugely versatile. I strongly recommend becoming a VIP member - you'll get the value back many, many times over with the additional information this offers. And use the search facility - most questions have been asked before, one way or another. If and when you decide to change your wheels, well THERE GOES YOUR HEAD AGAIN I'M AFRAID!!:fast rofl:

That's a pretty decent budget so you should get a nice clean van with low miles. If there is going to be 4 of you then LWB would be my choice. Find a van with LED head lights. As for cooker/sink/etc, now you can't change the log book to motorcaravan i wouldn't bother with any of it. Only put in ours to change the V5 and never used the hob or sink. Understand some are the complete opposite and wouldn't be without. Make sure you fit a decent fridge which is essential imo. Do you want tailgate or barn doors? Have you looked into which poptop would be your choice? You have lots of research to do, don't rush into anything. If your handy at DIY you'll save a small fortune doing lots of jobs yourself. Good luck

Thankyou all so far, think a shuttle maybe in the answer....and think I have found one . I like the idea of two sliding doors, I suppose I don’t have to use both of the pan dictates so. I also feel the tail gate may be best also, but not a deal breaker.
think I would like to carry out some small general mods first, comfort dash upgrade and liking the Ovano bulkhead, draw, bed set-up......looks useful. I think roof pop up and bed will be the first major upgrade along with some solar panel and re-wire........looking forward to all of it.

Ok, sorry if this has been covered in previous posts and I have failed to navigate to them.

so, like many here.....loooking for a van to convert, want to do it slowly, as wishing to make all the right informed choices, and install some good kit over time, such as solar panels etc....Looking at vans, on the regular sites for sale. Budget is 28k k’ ish + vat. I think.........I want a LWB, 203 DSG HIGHLINE COMBI T32 9 I think this combination exists , Looking to turn into a 4 berth, not convinced we would have a cooker (smell etc). Giving us extra storage. I like the thought of the shuttle and removing the last row of seats, as these vans have the windows all round, as well double sliding doors, which I feel is a good idea.

any steers in all aspects, really, really welcome, as I seem to tying myself in knots over which will be best long term.

many thanks in advance james
Hi @Poolman and welcome! :thumbsup: I’m sure Oli @BognorMotors will be able to help you source the right vehicle for you if you haven’t already found one.... he always seems to have some really nice vans in stock.... and plenty coming in!?

Back