PlastiDip anyone used it?

KombiKommando

Dogger
T6 Guru
Im gonna PlastiDip my steelies for winter. Has anyone done this and if you have, what are your tips on how many cans will i need to do all five wheels.....?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think Plastikote is the same as Plastidip - I Plastidipped my wheels and a few other things - you can peel it off. I Plasikoted my metal staircase in Plastikote Satin Clear - it most definitely does NOT come off... not sure which Plastikote product you mean but worth checking first.

Definitely not the same, plastidip is spray on rubber and is removable, plastikote is more like a traditional paint.

I don’t think Plastikote is the same as Plastidip - I Plastidipped my wheels and a few other things - you can peel it off. I Plasikoted my metal staircase in Plastikote Satin Clear - it most definitely does NOT come off... not sure which Plastikote product you mean but worth checking first.

I meant Plastidip...... I also didnt know they were different! Im going to be doing my steelies. How many cans do you think I will need to do all four??? Thanks!

I meant Plastidip...... I also didnt know they were different! Im going to be doing my steelies. How many cans do you think I will need to do all four??? Thanks!
I’d allow 5 cans for 4 wheels. The more coats the better and it’s always good to have a spare to redo any cuts or tears. Don’t forget to mask or remove any plastidip from the lug nut holes as you don’t want a layer of plastidip where the nut is supposed to make contact with the wheel. Stu

Back