Pillows For A 3/4 Rock In Roll Bed

andy greenwood

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Its a stange thing to ask but what sleeping pillows do people use on their 3/4 rock n roll beds ?
When we have the bed down we have been using a normal width pillow same as at home but we find them way too wide for a 3/4 bed and not comfortable for sleeping.

We use the Therm-a-Rest Compressible Pillow with a ‘cut down’ pillow case. The pillows are smaller and compress for storage

I can't believe how my life has changed, years ago it was fast cars, fast woman, and a party life style now I'm older im discussing soft furnishings
We also have cot pillows by the way

Always cushions..

Another daft question about them there darn pillows. Went for a single night shakedown last night in my lwb Kombi. Trouble is the gap between the bed and tailgate seemed to consume my pillows, and tbh I had a crap nights sleep as the mattress topper I used didn’t help. Was warm enough just blooming uncomfortable. Any suggestions on good toppers, I’m a biggun and my hips on the bed get a bit too much pressure. Please don’t say… lose weight… I ‘ve started but want to get out in the van now! Thanks in advance Woodman.

Another daft question about them there darn pillows. Went for a single night shakedown last night in my lwb Kombi. Trouble is the gap between the bed and tailgate seemed to consume my pillows, and tbh I had a crap nights sleep as the mattress topper I used didn’t help. Was warm enough just blooming uncomfortable. Any suggestions on good toppers, I’m a biggun and my hips on the bed get a bit too much pressure. Please don’t say… lose weight… I ‘ve started but want to get out in the van now! Thanks in advance Woodman.
What topper do you have?

I have a 50mm duvalay but that's only just enough on top of upholstered seat bed. I'm also a side sleeper.

I don't think weight matters, the thinner you get the bonier you will be!

Sadly no, lwb at rearmost position gap of about a foot, I will create a gap filler no doubt

Ours is a LWB with the bed on rails. Goes all of the way to the rear doors. As for pillows, we just bring our pillows from home, but we like our pillows.

I guess you possibly have the Caravelle floor system whereas I have a VTA system. Although it is on rails, its bolted in either of two positions only. I wanted it removable so I can use the van capacity if needed increasing versatility. I am going to have a closer look at the gap sometime today to see what is entailed. I dont think expanding foam is the answer :)

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
We have this topper, Online Store | VW campervan conversions | Edge Campervans
and 2.5cm,, 7.5 tog Duvalay Compact Dual Season Sleeping Bag,
setup very comfy, coupled with own pillows.
No sore hips, both me & Gert are no lightweights

Reactions: CAB
I guess you possibly have the Caravelle floor system whereas I have a VTA system. Although it is on rails, its bolted in either of two positions only. I wanted it removable so I can use the van capacity if needed increasing versatility. I am going to have a closer look at the gap sometime today to see what is entailed. I dont think expanding foam is the answer :)
Reimo floor rails I think they are called.

Back