Passenger door won't open from the inside

Jeremy Plumstead

Just picked up the t6 Van yesterday new Jun last year very pleased with it except the passenger door wont open from the inside checked child lock and there isn't one on the front it opens and locks from the outside fine I have contacted the garage and she's asking her tech department I haven't heard back yet anyone had the same problem ?

Not heard of that one before, my guess would be the link between internal handle and lock mechanism either bent or disengaged
Take it back to the dealer mate, should be a hard one to fix as door cards come off relatively easily

Not heard of that one before, my guess would be the link between internal handle and lock mechanism either bent or disengaged
Take it back to the dealer mate, should be a hard one to fix as door cards come off relatively easily

Thanks Pauly waiting for them to call back

Had the same issue with mine whilst it was in for the leisure electrics installation and sound deadening.
I thought it was something that the mugs that completed the install had done, as they claimed they couldn't open the door but at least had already taken the door card off fortunately so were able to jemmy the door from the mech itself.
They swapped my door mech for theirs (installed it incorrectly so still had to take it into VW but had to pay for it as the refused to do it as warranty was voided by fact someone had clearly been in the door). When they took their van in with my door lock in it - VW could find nothing wrong with it.
Therefore, my advice get it back to dealer whilst it is playing up.

Just a wee update as it is related. I had a faulty door lock on the sliding door. You would turn off the child lock but as soon as you locked and unlocked the doors the sliding door would not open from inside. Faulty lock unit.After 4 trips to VW at 60 mile round trips fixed.

To keep the thread up to date with similar problems - just took my T6 in to the dealer, both sliding doors refusing the open/close from the inside. Both locks being replaced next week.

Looks like this is becoming a pattern - not looking forward to replacing these locks on an annual basis for the rest of the live of the vehicle!

Back