Passenger Captain Seat

teddy

To obtain the maximum dealer discount I opted for a stock Highline as opposed to bespoke. Unfortunately that meant the absence of a passenger Captain Seat. With a few weeks before conversion and swivel bases ordered I was wondering what my options are as opposed to paying top dollar for my convertor to fit one? Thanks all

Can you do it yourself? If not maybe you could pay someone else to fit one and that may work out more cost effective than getting your converter to do it?

Can you do it yourself? If not maybe you could pay someone else to fit one and that may work out more cost effective than getting your converter to do it?
Where are they sold other than VW? The convertor is fitting the swivel base anyway I could just give them the captain's seat. Is the passenger double seat worth anything to offset the cost? Thanks

I looked into this before I committed to buying my base van.
I was told that a new single passenger seat from VW with fitting would be about £2k, but a lot of converters are offering to fit one for about £800 upwards - not sure where they get them from. Switching from a double seat to a single seat is easier as you don't need to change the airbag.

Back