Passenger Captain Seat - Where To Get?

coullstar

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Looking at a bus that has double front passenger seats so I will swap that out for a captains seat. It seems straight forward however other than ebay is there any places that I could source the bits for.

Note it will be an airbag seat as well that will be coming out so Id like to replace with airbag seat if that makes any difference.

Cost wise so far Im finding it will be the guts of £1k to do. Does that sound about right?

Have a chat with Oli @BognorMotors as he sorted me one out for a very reasonable price, top bloke too...

Edit, mine wasn’t an airbag seat but he would be the first person I tried. - no connection here other than being a very satisfied customer.

Are the T5 or 5.1 seats the same?

I have one in my current T5 and it originally had a dual seat so I could just swap them over and change trim to match if that's feasible?

Might be worth giving Leisure Drive in Bolton a call, I know they replace the original VW items in their conversions so they may have spares for sale?

Are all Shuttle front seats with airbags? I thought they were but the dealer said the bench seat doesn't have....

Seat will have a label / badge saying it has an airbag.

If no airbag in the twin seat your search is easier. Inka-corp on ebay do a lot of OEM covers if you cannot find a seat with the correct fabric.

Ian

Back