Part of door stopper system shot off - missing piece?

Loggy88

Mrs’s coat got stuck in the sliding door, and when we opened it back up, the item in the photo shot out. All I saw come out is what I assume to be the an element of the door stop, and the spring - so I don’t know if there is a missing part that I haven’t spotted. I can see the hole where it’s come from, but it won’t stay in the hole.

Is there a missing piece, or is there a certain nack to getting it back in?

Cheers!

IMG_1851.jpeg

image.jpg

I suspect that is Knackered, the bit that flew off is meant to be captive to support the slider when closed.
They do wear out which can cause the slider to rattle.

You may be lucky if you take the black plate off there may be the retaining parts behind the plate, you may be even luckier that it may be fixable (but I doubt it)

Report back on your findings

T
I suspect that is Knackered, the bit that flew off is meant to be captive to support the slider when closed.

You may be lucky if you take the black plate off there may be the retaining parts behind the plate, you may be even luckier that it may be fixable (but I doubt it)

Thanks for the quick reply, I’ll have a look but sounds like it’s probably just worth replacing it. I’ll try and find the part number!

Replaced it - didnt look like it could be fixed. Part number listed below - think I paid £45 on ebay. Thanks!

Back