Part No. req'd:- T6.1 manual gaiter + frame

z1ts

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Good day

I have a DSG T6.1 & have done the upgrade to Tiguan type gear lever.

However made a bit of a mess-up and ordered a T6 manual gaiter & frame...

Can someone please provide me with the part number (or source!) for a T6.1 manual gaiter & frame.

Thanks in advance!!

I just googled VW T6.1 breakers and bought mine from them cost about £35 for gear lever gaitor and frame.

John.

Hi guys, I'm about to swap out the gear lever, am I right in thinking that I have to change the existing DSG gaiter to a manual one when swapping for the Tiguan lever?

Hi guys, I'm about to swap out the gear lever, am I right in thinking that I have to change the existing DSG gaiter to a manual one when swapping for the Tiguan lever?
Well - that's what I did....

But you don't have to - some people stick with having the 'old' illuminated indicators still on the left of the gear stick like this:- T6.1 DSG illuminated selector

Others have used (I think) a manual gaiter (literally just the leather part) and wrapped it over the 'old' DSG indicators like this:- T6.1 DSG illuminated selector

I however went a third route! I bought from a Transporter breaker a manual gaiter and frame like this:-

Note the additional black frame between gaiter and trim.

20240411_135326.jpg

Well - that's what I did....

But you don't have to - some people stick with having the 'old' illuminated indicators still on the left of the gear stick like this:- T6.1 DSG illuminated selector

Others have used (I think) a manual gaiter (literally just the leather part) and wrapped it over the 'old' DSG indicators like this:- T6.1 DSG illuminated selector

I however went a third route! I bought from a Transporter breaker a manual gaiter and frame like this:-

Note the additional black frame between gaiter and trim.

View attachment 236498
Awesome, thanks!

Back