Overheating Engine

Taffles

VIP Member
Morning all, have spent a decent amount of time researching this forum (and others) but with no success so here goes..

I’ve recently bought a VW T5 2006 1.9tdi that has started to overheat. There is no heat from the vents inside, and both supply hoses to the matrix at the bulkhead are cold.

I have changed thermostat (and confirmed it works in saucepan) but the bottom radiator hose is staying cold.

I have had the front end off, flushed radiator, flush heater matrix and flush all the system when back together, bled, but same problems.

I’ve done a DrHeadGasket sniff test which is coming back clear, and there is no oil in water or water in oil.

What would advice/next steps be? Water pump? Although I did pull a pipe off when the engine was running at decent temp and it looked a decent flow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

possible airlock or water pump.?

whats the engine code? - then you can get the cooling system layout to follow the coolant path.

Hi Bud, it’s a BRR. I’ve tried finding a coolant diagram to try and find flow patterns also no success. Can you recommend anywhere to look? I’m toying of booking in for a water pump and cambelt but don’t want to waste £££s if it’s a catastrophic issue that’s going to result in a new engine or something.

it’s a BRR. I’ve tried finding a coolant diagram to try and find flow patterns also no success.

E.g. from VW erWin

But, if you are not choosy wherefrom to download - page 107 in below
OR
OR
OR
Yet another site but nowadays they have put all kind of kind of obstacles on the way

Back