Our seating set-up: Uberbus Flux + low cabinets

GoatBoater

Senior Nerd
T6 Guru
There has been a couple of questions lately that I think our seating set-up is relevant to, so I just popped outside to snap some pictures. Sorry that they are all in the dark, but you know... November. I'll try some new ones next time I am not working in daylight. They'll be nice - we'll have daffodils by then.

Our set-up: SWB van, low cabinets and Rib bed on rails thanks to the clever Uberbus Flux set-up (official info here).

Our thinking:
  1. If Mum and Dad don't sleep then no-one has fun. Beds are important
  2. This is our main family car. We want the kids close to us and able to see out of the side windows
  3. I don't want to drive a kitchen around all week
  4. We still want to be able to load the back up
  5. Wife needs a wine fridge ;)
What the pictures don't show:
I might add more later, but basically ours was a 180ps panel that Uberbus have done all the work on (honestly can't recommend them enough). We went for Uberbus's Beach package and added an SCA highlight roof, rear speakers, solar panels, a 900w inverter and a turning plate for the bench seat.

Seat set-up in a nutshell
So, it's a Rib seat on Cali rails. We have a top loading fridge and low cabinets down one side and they have cushions so that the whole thing turns into one big fat bed. The seats can be locked in pretty much any position, so lots of flexibility. Here are some examples:

Seat fully back
Fully back the rear of the seat almost touches the tailgate. Loads of room in the main area so that we can eat at the table etc (in fact, we tend to eat with the seat about half way back)
IMG_20171122_175516.jpg IMG_20171122_175633.jpg

Inline with units
This is how we tend to have the van for day to day use. Seats in line with the front of the units in "car mode". The kids can see out the windows, we can poke them if they are annoying etc. Behind them we can either have the seat upright on in the "parcel shelf" position.
IMG_20171122_175543 (1).jpg

Forward
If we bring the seats right forward we get loads of space, which is great because a LWB van wouldn't fit on our drive.
IMG_20171121_115542_907 (1).jpg

continued below ...

IMG_20171122_175740.jpg

IMG_20171122_175821.jpg

Last edited:
No idea why those two big images keep getting inserted above. Anyway...

Fridge
Love this little fridge. Top down makes loads of sense to me.
IMG_20171122_180134 (1).jpg

Bed
With the bed down we can roll straight over the cupboards and get loads of space. Impressed by how comfortable the whole set-up is.
IMG_20171122_175942.jpg IMG_20171122_180039.jpg

Lounger
Bonus - we can also have the bed in "lounger mode" - facing either way. Great to enjoy those views, although slightly tricky to reach for the wine as we do it.
IMG_20171122_180013.jpg

I might post a video of the flux set-up at some point, as it really is impressive. I should probably add some photos of the other bits too. Hope that this is useful.

Love that layout :cool:

Exactly what I would have liked but the sliding bed was just too expensive.

Perfect. That's exactly what I'm after.

I'm assuming the layout not the wife :)

Love that layout :cool:

Exactly what I would have liked but the sliding bed was just too expensive.

It isn't cheap, but I was intent on having it. We compromised on van mileage to bring it in on budget. (ok, not on... but not as far over budget as it could have been).

Glad your happy with Uberbus. They are fitting my SCA roof in January.

They do a great job. We've had a lot of positive feedback about the quality of their work from other van owners. Nice guys too.

Is it possible to see some pics with all of the furniture open so we can see what the storage is like?

There has been a couple of questions lately that I think our seating set-up is relevant to, so I just popped outside to snap some pictures. Sorry that they are all in the dark, but you know... November. I'll try some new ones next time I am not working in daylight. They'll be nice - we'll have daffodils by then.

Our set-up: SWB van, low cabinets and Rib bed on rails thanks to the clever Uberbus Flux set-up (official info here).

Our thinking:
  1. If Mum and Dad don't sleep then no-one has fun. Beds are important
  2. This is our main family car. We want the kids close to us and able to see out of the side windows
  3. I don't want to drive a kitchen around all week
  4. We still want to be able to load the back up
  5. Wife needs a wine fridge ;)
What the pictures don't show:
I might add more later, but basically ours was a 180ps panel that Uberbus have done all the work on (honestly can't recommend them enough). We went for Uberbus's Beach package and added an SCA highlight roof, rear speakers, solar panels, a 900w inverter and a turning plate for the bench seat.

Seat set-up in a nutshell
So, it's a Rib seat on Cali rails. We have a top loading fridge and low cabinets down one side and they have cushions so that the whole thing turns into one big fat bed. The seats can be locked in pretty much any position, so lots of flexibility. Here are some examples:

Seat fully back
Fully back the rear of the seat almost touches the tailgate. Loads of room in the main area so that we can eat at the table etc (in fact, we tend to eat with the seat about half way back)
View attachment 15675 View attachment 15676

Inline with units
This is how we tend to have the van for day to day use. Seats in line with the front of the units in "car mode". The kids can see out the windows, we can poke them if they are annoying etc. Behind them we can either have the seat upright on in the "parcel shelf" position.
View attachment 15679

Forward
If we bring the seats right forward we get loads of space, which is great because a LWB van wouldn't fit on our drive.
View attachment 15684

continued below ...

View attachment 15677

View attachment 15682
Hi there, this setup is exactly what I'm looking for. will be kind enough to tell me where you had it done and what the cost was please?

Looks very similar to my set up. I've got a huge space under the seat which is where all the pillows/bedding go. I like the fact that I can move it forwards and backwards to suit.

Back