Old style comfort dash?

drew_greenday

T6 Guru
86A06746-8309-4D4C-B778-B6FB38FC0465.jpeg

Whilst in Switzerland I noticed this in a T5.1

Never saw it at all in the uk, is this an old comfort dash?

It's what all the higher end T5.1 models have (Caravelle, Multivan, Cali, etc) on the Continent (NOT the UK!!) and all us UK T5.1 Cali owners were very jealous! They also had blinds integrated into the A pillars which the T6 has - but on the T5.1 you got a low rent tent thing that was awful.

Last edited:
It's what all the higher end T5.1 models have (Caravelle, Multivan, Cali, etc) on the Continent (NOT the UK!!) and all us UK T5.1 Cali owners were very jealous! They also had blinds integrated into the A pillars which the T6 has - but on the T5.1 you got a low rent tent thing that was awful.
On the subject of that, I had Remifront A pillar blinds in my T5 which I loved, but it seems they're in no hurry to bring them out for the T6 (and have stopped manufacture of the T5 ones) so has anyone seen the T6 Cali blinds/A pillar trims for sale aftermarket? I've had a look at an Ocean and they're not as good as the Remis but I really hate stick on screens and the ludicrous tent-like monstrosity that came with the Westie so would like to get hold of the Cali blinds instead.

You do have to be careful with the Cali blinds but they are soooo much better than the old effort.
I preferred the old side blinds though; a memory metal frame that pinged into place. The magnet blinds of the T6 drive me slightly insane; too fiddly.

Back