OK, it's not mine, so arrest me!

North Yorkshire have been using a fleet of Transporters since 2012 as community safety vans, non response. They sent one to auction a few years ago, I tried to buy it before it went there to no avail.
They also used T5's as Collision Investigation Vehicles but have since gone to Transits.
You may have a long wait for that one !

North Yorkshire have been using a fleet of Transporters since 2012 as community safety vans, non response. They sent one to auction a few years ago, I tried to buy it before it went there to no avail.
They also used T5's as Collision Investigation Vehicles but have since gone to Transits.
You may have a long wait for that one !
Unfortunately it won't come with the decals, sparkly blue lights or any useful "get out of my way" sounders.

Btw - I spotted it first, so get your beady eyes off! :p ;)

Unfortunately it won't come with the decals, sparkly blue lights or any useful "get out of my way" sounders.

Btw - I spotted it first, so get your beady eyes off! :p ;)
Ah soz, missed that! Love the fact that it has an awning too.

Reactions: Bav
No, the right hand edge of the Y and the left hand edge of the J are correctly distanced, it's just a visual trick....

Reactions: Bav
Is it me or is than number plate illegally spaced?
Are you referring to the gap between the Y and the J? If so, I *think* it's just letter combo that results in what looks like an exaggerated spacing - the spacing between the top-right of the Y and the bottom-left of the J looks standard to me.

It would have a wider space between the J and the 1 if it wasn't deliberately moved. I know this is irrelevant for number plates but this thread has just stirred old memories...not, I hasten to add, because of a few close encounters with the old transit police vans. :whistle:. When I was at art college, a lifetime ago, we had a tutor that was obsessed with correct spacing, depending on which letters are adjacent to each other. I learnt you don't put the same space between long uprights like I,L,Ms and Ns as you do with round letters like Os, Ds and Gs. It's a visual thing not a measured distance. It helped me in those days when I used to do a bit of signwriting.

Reactions: CAB
It would have a wider space between the J and the 1 if it wasn't deliberately moved. I know this is irrelevant for number plates but this thread has just stirred old memories...not, I hasten to add, because of a few close encounters with the old transit police vans. :whistle:. When I was at art college, a lifetime ago, we had a tutor that was obsessed with correct spacing, depending on which letters are adjacent to each other. I learnt you don't put the same space between long uprights like I,L,Ms and Ns as you do with round letters like Os, Ds and Gs. It's a visual thing not a measured distance. It helped me in those days when I used to do a bit of signwriting.
I believe that letter spacing is called kerning.

Back