Oil consumption

dave_b

VIP Member
T6 Guru
What is typical oil consumption on a 66 plate T6, 102 engine that has been remapped to 150?

I’ve just had to put 2 litres of oil in after approx 10 months of driving and about 10k miles.

Is this normal? It runs fine.

What is typical oil consumption on a 66 plate T6, 102 engine that has been remapped to 150?

I’ve just had to put 2 litres of oil in after approx 10 months of driving and about 10k miles.

Is this normal? It runs fine.

No offence intended but if you've just put two litres of oil in to get the oil level back into the right level on the dipstick you need to check the oil level more frequently.
I'm not sure if your oil consumption is normal, some seem to use more than others, my 2016 T6 uses less than half a litre over 10 thousand miles.

From memory it takes 0.5L to raise from minimum to maximum oil level on the dipstick. Being 1.5L below minimum is very low.
My 2016, CFCA 180ps oil level does not visibly reduce between annual oil changes (8-10K miles) and oil analysis does not show fuel dilution.

I only checked because the oil
Light was coming on intermittently.

Now that you know roughly how much oil your van uses, I'd suggest you check the oil at least every month and top up as required.
Five minutes once a month is better than a ten grand bill.

Back