Not sure what to do.

Ian78

I have a T28 102 panel van and looking at getting it converted to a Kombi/Day van, fully insulated, carpet, lighting, heater in the back. I've already bought a bench seat and I'll make a frame to sort a bed out (My daughter has autism and likes her girl cave but my son is an outdoor guy - hopefully a day van keeps them both entertained when we go out on family trips).

So went to the convertors yesterday and I like the guy and what he has done etc, but also went to VW to have a look at replacing my van for a used factory Kombi (it will still need work to convert - lining / heater).

They've offered me £19200 for my van against a T32 150 Kombi (£28,000 ish).

Conversion around £3000

Just totally undecided on which to do...

Pros / Cons ?? any ideas - factory Kombi hold its value any better??

For me it would have to be a comparison list (AC, Heated screen, rear seats etc) between the two options then a third column for the cost is difference to see if it was worth it. Remember you'll always get a better deal selling private, if you can?

Thanks Fish,

Both vans are Highline spec - the Kombi does have Satnav and LED headlights, otherwise same spec..

I thought the price offered by VW was fair to be honest.

It would mean leaving team grey and going to team brown - and I do like the grey..

Thanks Fish,

Both vans are Highline spec - the Kombi does have Satnav and LED headlights, otherwise same spec..

I thought the price offered by VW was fair to be honest.

It would mean leaving team grey and going to team brown - and I do like the grey..

LEDs are huge money anyway, and a big tipping point if the deals right I think, plus going 150 is always going to be better.
As for leaving Grey and moving to Brown, again that would be a plus for me because I think the Brown has more potential to mod and turn into a bad ass retro looking beast. (if you like that sort of thing, which I do)
I'd assume the like for like Kombi vs Van is always going to be the Kombi with the better residual value.

We have 150 highline fully converted. Engine performance is very good, if we had led lights and sat nav it would be even better. Think I would go for the 150.

I had a 102 t5.1 now got a t6 150. Performance unladen wasn't too different but add some weight and the 102 struggles in my opinion. Go 150.

Back