Nippy Courtesy Van

xpfloyd

T6 Legend
Took my camper in for a major service today at VW commercial Vehicles centre and the courtesy van they gave me for the day is noticably nippier than my own van. Mine is a Euro 5 140bhp T30 and the one they gave me is a Euro 6 150bhp T30. I was honestly expecting it to be a 200bhp model when I looked it up there but was surprised to find it was only 10 bhp more. Could this be from the fact im carrying the weight of my camper conversion and the courtesy van is empty in the back? I dont remember my van ever being that fast but I suppose if its got progressively slower as I've added the weight I probably wouldnt have noticed. Its now making me want a pendle remap!

I had a new E5 140 on lone why i was waiting for my kombi to be built. I was not overly impressed performance, lucky due to delays with my order i was upgraded to the E6 150 when they came out in September 2016.

When i collected it, i like you say, could not believe the difference in the 2 engines . I much prefer the E6 as i have not had any problems with it either.

I will be heading to see Mr pendle when i get chance. From what i have read this will make it ever nicer to drive with the DSG box :)

I don’t have DSG and I previously wasn’t that fussed about getting a remap but after today’s experience I think I will be going for it. It just seemed to accelerate effortlessly

I have a Eu5 T5.1 180 dsg and a 204eu6 T6 dsg & they are like night & day. The 180 has always underwhelmed me with its lack of low down grunt.

Back