To be fair to the OP, he has posted a really useful update on his vehicle here:

Pete

Thank you Pete and all
Well my engine light has come on again with the o2 sensor . Rich setting. I might leave it on as i am not joking it does between 3.5 and 5mpg more when light is on . It drives the same if not better and its the same route I've done for years. The light seems to come on at exactly the same spot either going to work or coming home lol. Gave it a good run today of about 100 miles and no engine light appeared on dash. Going home after 2 miles at the exact spot it came on again. I have a spare sensor but if its running a bit rich im ok with that. We know vw are set up very lean running so i will monitor the fuel. I've never seen 35mpg since i had the van and its done 33.4 and 35 tonight when the eml light is on. Best usually is between 26 to 30
If anyone is doing a 4 motion pump make sure you have small hands. I managed but it was a right pain. I did leave a clip off on the top of the rear diff. I am very fussy about tidy wiring but i just thought the pumps die at low miles anyway. So thats well before the wire would ever rub through . I did put some extra sleeving on the wire over the diff so i wont have any issues
If anyone needs a 500 mile old 180 dual mass flywheel i know of one and some other engine parts from the guy i had the turbos off. Just pm me as im not selling myself but i can give you his number
Im loving my vw again after suffering push it along mode for 2 years:waving:If you get any vw issues just pm me or put it on here as I've tested everything so i know the readings etc etc

Back