Newbie with a T6 T28 Highline!

Winstans

Hello everyone!
Took the plunge and treated myself to a new work van. That will also be a twist on a camper when required ! MY2017 T6 T28.
I have aleady installed a Rhino roof rack, a solid rear window guard, some rear LED lighting strips, racking and floor carpet. Trying to keep it practical for work, but the racking has been arranged so me and the partner can lye with feet facing the tailgate and have arm space up near the bulkhead when camping.
Very impressed with the build quality of the van so far, feels too nice for a works van :)!
Let me know your thoughts !
Cheers
Will20200524_162505.jpg20200523_123750.jpg20200523_123728.jpg

Hello everyone!
Took the plunge and treated myself to a new work van. That will also be a twist on a camper when required ! MY2017 T6 T28.
I have aleady installed a Rhino roof rack, a solid rear window guard, some rear LED lighting strips, racking and floor carpet. Trying to keep it practical for work, but the racking has been arranged so me and the partner can lye with feet facing the tailgate and have arm space up near the bulkhead when camping.
Very impressed with the build quality of the van so far, feels too nice for a works van :)!
Let me know your thoughts !
Cheers
WillView attachment 71220View attachment 71221View attachment 71222
I have the same van and using it for work and with a mind to sleeping in it with the Mrs on camping trips. If you're going to sleep in it from what I have read get it insulated and provide some ventilation with at least one window ASAP before you go any further. I've sound deadened and insulated mine, got the windows fitted and took the top half of the bulkhead out. I need the bottom half to protect the rear of the seats. Curtains up the windows to keep prying eyes out. Got to come up with something for the bulkhead. I've kept the ceiling boards and ply lining. Carpeting the floor and using vinyl on the walls for now to pretty it up which is opposite to most but it stops the stuff sliding about. I'm going to start with the £100 IKEA sofa bed solution when IKEA opens again. Probably have to cut and adapt it to fit within the wheel arch boxings which I think are useful to strap stuff against. I'm waiting for a drive away tailgate awning to be delivered to cook in and store stuff in. We can the leave it and go out for the day. I'm fitting an awning rail to the side for a canopy, not a wind out until I retire it from work. Best of both worlds then, space at the back and side. I've also ordered a solar power generator for power in the rear which can charge from solar, 240v and the12v fag lighter. And you can take it out and plug basic tools into it. No leisure battery set up, at least not for now. Oh, and in my opinion the front end doesn't look finished so I fitted a splitter which makes such a difference aesthetically. Easy enough to do it yourself.

I have the same van and using it for work and with a mind to sleeping in it with the Mrs on camping trips. If you're going to sleep in it from what I have read get it insulated and provide some ventilation with at least one window ASAP before you go any further. I've sound deadened and insulated mine, got the windows fitted and took the top half of the bulkhead out. I need the bottom half to protect the rear of the seats. Curtains up the windows to keep prying eyes out. Got to come up with something for the bulkhead. I've kept the ceiling boards and ply lining. Carpeting the floor and using vinyl on the walls for now to pretty it up which is opposite to most but it stops the stuff sliding about. I'm going to start with the £100 IKEA sofa bed solution when IKEA opens again. Probably have to cut and adapt it to fit within the wheel arch boxings which I think are useful to strap stuff against. I'm waiting for a drive away tailgate awning to be delivered to cook in and store stuff in. We can the leave it and go out for the day. I'm fitting an awning rail to the side for a canopy, not a wind out until I retire it from work. Best of both worlds then, space at the back and side. I've also ordered a solar power generator for power in the rear which can charge from solar, 240v and the12v fag lighter. And you can take it out and plug basic tools into it. No leisure battery set up, at least not for now. Oh, and in my opinion the front end doesn't look finished so I fitted a splitter which makes such a difference aesthetically. Easy enough to do it yourself.

Thought about cutting out a hole where some of the bulkheads have a window. Would be easy then to fit a removable panel and could use the front windows open very slightly (under the wind deflectors) for ventilation?
Ps there is a bulkhead with glass going free, just needs collecting.

Thought about cutting out a hole where some of the bulkheads have a window. Would be easy then to fit a removable panel and could use the front windows open very slightly (under the wind deflectors) for ventilation?
Ps there is a bulkhead with glass going free, just needs collecting.
Thanks for the offer of the bulkhead! I did consider this but I want to keep it as open as possible if I can. Theres a balance I'm trying to find between security for the working van and then having somewhere to sleep in that doesn't resemble a prison cell :D. I don't think there is an answer other than removing and replacing the top half of the bulkhead as and when I need to. Easy enough if you leave the top fixings out I think? Just a right faff.

Back