Newbie - what are these things?

AdL

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello,

Newbie T6 owner. Bought last week and not been on a trip yet. T6/T32 LWB Transporter with Caledonian Campers conversion. Having a good look around the van and have questions;

1. Is the awning attachment standard?

20230724_122616 (Medium).jpg

2. What are these clips on the inside of the passenger side sliding door? They are a bit ugly and I would like to either remove them, or cover them with what is supposed to be attached there.

20230724_122642 (Medium).jpg

Thanks All.

Awning rail is a Reimo multi rail or similar. Can't comment whether it's standard on a Caledonian campers conversion. The clips around the window would have once held a door card and window surround . You can remove them by pulling them upwards.

This is a door card you can see on mine

IMG_6022.jpg

Thanks - nice van by the way! Our door has been re-lined with 'carpet' stuff so I see the difference.

This is an aftermarket awning rail from Vamoose (as per the sticker).
Thanks - I had figured that bit, but I think I am asking whether this is a standard attachment for an awning? I am now on the look out for such but, having never had a van before, want to make sure that anything I buy will actually attach to this rail.

Thanks - I had figured that bit, but I think I am asking whether this is a standard attachment for an awning? I am now on the look out for such but, having never had a van before, want to make sure that anything I buy will actually attach to this rail.
You need an awning with a 6mm kador strip to slide in the channel, I think 4mm strip will pull out of those.

Check the size as my similar awning rail is 8mm and I couldn’t get an 8mm to 6mm kador strip to attach my awning, so I bought a length of 8 mm kador and a length of 6 mm kador and a friend sowed them me together then you need figure of 8 channels to connect to your rail.

John.

Thanks John

Learning stuff every day! So the 'hole' down my rail is 9.75mm diameter and the 'slot' is 5.60mm width so I am guessing that an 8mm kador is needed. Must get a closer look at how an awning actually attaches because I have not seen this in the flesh.

Thanks John

Learning stuff every day! So the 'hole' down my rail is 9.75mm diameter and the 'slot' is 5.60mm width so I am guessing that an 8mm kador is needed. Must get a closer look at how an awning actually attaches because I have not seen this in the flesh.
Same learning journey for me. One side of the plastic figure of 8 slides onto the beading of the drive away awning and the other to the Kador strip.

This is an Amazon kador that has both the 6mm and 8mm bead that slides into your Van awning groove. The plastic fig of 8 came in 3 pieces whereas the kador was full length of the awning rail.

Drive away awnings are a god send but you will have endless fun aligning the van to the awning :)

IMG_3980.jpeg

Back