Newbie possible T6 purchase

A1Sparky

Electrician
Im looking at buying a T32 LWB 4 motion DSG panel van with two side doors. Any thoughts on this van as a future camper conversion. I am a total transporter newbie but always fancied one!

Depends what you want to do with it.

Immediate thoughts that twin sliders may restrict what type of conversion you could do. A full kitchen and units doesn’t work well with twin sliders, and one slider becomes unusuable as a door, Some convertors will tell you they can’t do it. Although I know some can/will. Have a look at some converters websites and photos to get e feel for what you want.

And a T32 may limit your options on wheel and tyre upgrades due to load rating requirements. If your not planning on swapping out wheels and tyres, no need to worry about that.

But 4MO and DSG are always good options to have

Fantastic specification van and one of the best to hold its value. Twin sliders can be pain, dependant in your proposed Layout.

Depends what you want to do with it.

Immediate thoughts that twin sliders may restrict what type of conversion you could do. A full kitchen and units doesn’t work well with twin sliders, and one slider becomes unusuable as a door, Some convertors will tell you they can’t do it. Although I know some can/will. Have a look at some converters websites and photos to get e feel for what you want.

And a T32 may limit your options on wheel and tyre upgrades due to load rating requirements. If your not planning on swapping out wheels and tyres, no need to worry about that.

But 4MO and DSG are always good options to have
Thanks for reply, yes I would want to upgrade Highline wheels etc, looking at T32 as electrician & carry a fair bit of weight but need to think ahead 2-3years when I want to convert so trying to cover both bases. Need as much flexibility as possible, didn't realise T32 makes upgrading wheels/tyres harder!

It’s still possible to upgrade wheels, but just less options. Ollie at @BognorMotors above is a great source of info on all things conversion, but he really knows his wheels and suspension in particular, so I’m sure he’ll give you a good steer on what’s possible

I’m sure it can work with the twin slider. Just needs thought in the first place.

We are always happy to talk upgrades, wheels and suspension - we have demo vehicles on site and a large selection of wheels, suspension etc to choose from.

Back