New wheels

Decisions decisions

• Total voters

Gareth

Hi all looking for new wheels. Due to having adaptive cruise and dcc, from what I have read I can go no bigger than 18". Can anyone finalise this for me please. Now do I go for the 2tone sportline or sumthing similar to the abt. The abt are 19" so don't think I can get away with them.

IMG_1430.jpg IMG_1431.jpg IMG_2020.PNG IMG_2016.PNG

I voted sportline as that's what I did and it seems wrong to tell you to do something else.
But, I haven't gone with the current sportlines as I don't particularly like them - personal preference.
I also didn't go with the most recent 5 spoke sportlines as they are too common IMO.
I also didn't go with the silver 6 spokes.

I was sure it was ride height and lowering that was the issue for ACC and AEB as overall wheels size does not change.

A 19" with 245/45/19 tyre is same size as standard 17"/18" .
Go on a wheel size change calculator

I can't see a problem, I run slightly larger tyres 235/60/17 as opposed to 235/55/17 (stock) with DCC on my Vel and all works fine.
Personally I like a bit more side wall rubber you can have with a smaller wheels, just to smooth the bumps out, and protect the wheels. With DCC in sport setting you do not need low profile tyres to check body role.

I can't see a problem, I run slightly larger tyres 235/60/17 as opposed to 235/55/17 (stock) with DCC on my Vel and all works fine.
Personally I like a bit more side wall rubber you can have with a smaller wheels, just to smooth the bumps out, and protect the wheels. With DCC in sport setting you do not need low profile tyres to check body role.
The reason for the change is looks rather than ride, but doing it an not upsetting the on board computers

The reason for the change is looks rather than ride, but doing it an not upsetting the on board computers
Yes should be fine, my on board computers are happy with a 3% increase in rolling radius over stock sizes. It is really the width*aspect radio of the tyres plus the radius/diameter of the wheel, which alters the gearing, not just the wheel diameter. The wheels look great. The online tyre/wheel size comparison calculators give you a really good indication of how things compare.

Back