New To Vw, Transporters And Conversions

OllieGBR

VCDS user
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hello All.

We made the decision a year ago to move away from tents and buy a van for camper conversion.

VW Transporter was what the wife wanted, and I managed to find an early T6 last week in Silver, 150 BHP LWB Highline from a VW dealer.
I plan to convert it over the next 6-8 months, complete newbie so be prepared for dubious questions!

Now my journey begins.

First things first - why did they only put candles in the headlights? I had to get out and check the lights were working!!

Ollie.

Lol, a question that has been asked a million times. Welcome.

There are loads of build threads on here and @DubiousEngineering has been doing a vlog about his exploits. @Dellmassive has lots of helpful 'how to' films also.

If you looking for a convertor than here is a good place to start, Converter Reviews

General rule of thumb at the moment appears to be to avoid HiLo roofs, at the moment anyway. Loads of really helpful members on here and some great trade members as well.

Also, the search option is your friend!!!

Best,

CZ

Thanks Dubious Engineering, I'm enjoying the videos.
Did you only replace the side lights with LEDs, or did you also match up the H4s? What about that other small bulb I spotted in your video?

@OllieGBR ... the Chinese LED lamps I installed interfere with the DAB radio... strongly suggest find different or better ones ... I guess they must have some kind of PWM current regulation... pffft....

Thanks @DubiousEngineering, appreciate the passing of knowledge.
I’m nearly through all of your videos, what have I let myself in for!
I need to plan out my order of installation, plus the wish list

Hello All.

We made the decision a year ago to move away from tents and buy a van for camper conversion.

VW Transporter was what the wife wanted, and I managed to find an early T6 last week in Silver, 150 BHP LWB Highline from a VW dealer.
I plan to convert it over the next 6-8 months, complete newbie so be prepared for dubious questions!

Now my journey begins.

First things first - why did they only put candles in the headlights? I had to get out and check the lights were working!!

Ollie.
Hi
I wasn’t impressed with my lights either
Got some new h4 bulbs in now , much better
Had them in a year now no probs
Obviously full led headlights would be great if I had a spare £2k
But for less than £20 these are good3543D6CB-A71B-416A-915F-C723F88C64AB.pngBFCB0107-4E57-494F-B4D0-37ED09828359.png

Back