New to the forum and looking at buying a T6

MarcoUK

T6 Pro
Hi All, I joined few hours ago the forum to collect some info and opinions. I already had a nice chat with a couple of members in another thread that I hijacked few hours ago (kudos to @PaulR83 )

I have a limited budget (as many others nowdays) and I will replace my MB GLB (to use as part exchange plus £££££) with a T6... Or maybe a super basic T6.1, who knows. I wished for a 150 DSG, but I will be happy with a 110 5 speed as well (eu6, A/C, sensors).
This will be my daily drive to work (20 miles daily), our only vehicle and daily van for week ends away (side bench-bed for 2 people to start), plus back garage for 2 bikes sideways.

Hi All, I joined few hours ago the forum to collect some info and opinions. I already had a nice chat with a couple of members in another thread that I hijacked few hours ago (kudos to @PaulR83 )

I have a limited budget (as many others nowdays) and I will replace my MB GLB (to use as part exchange plus £££££) with a T6... Or maybe a super basic T6.1, who knows. I wished for a 150 DSG, but I will be happy with a 110 5 speed as well (eu6, A/C, sensors).
This will be my daily drive to work (20 miles daily), our only vehicle and daily van for week ends away (side bench-bed for 2 people to start), plus back garage for 2 bikes sideways.

My T6 SWB is my daily driver, although my wife has a Volvo XC60, a great car, I prefer driving the T6 and I wish I'd had one years ago.
Good luck with your search, for what it's worth, I think you're doing the right thing in joining the forum and learning all that you can before choosing a van. Hours spent on research can help you to avoid making an expensive purchase that you might later regret.
There are features on T6's that are easily changed, such as lights (loads on here about lights!), suspension, and wheels, so don't focus too much on these features. Concentrate on vans with the things that you want that can't be easily changed / added right, such as wheelbase. In my case, I wanted twin sliding doors and air conditioning, neither of those things are easy to add later so there was no point considering vans without them.

Put down yesterday the deposit for a super basic white T6.1 LWB 110 startline with Business Pack with 83k miles.

It has been a long process but the money saved on the van will be used for insulation, carpeting and side windows (blocked the service for the 1st week of Feb).

I will look at the option to put the 2 bikes sideways behind the seats and get a Rib Altair (112 or 220). I haven't decided yet for the side pod. I like the simplicity of the Piggl KITCHEN and the ability to load the back of it from the top. We won't have gas in, bust just a portable fridge, and possibly a microwave, powered by a Bluetti powerbank.

Last edited:
Reactions: CAB
Looking great already! Love the wheels!
Welcome to the bottomless money pit of modifications!!

Back