New to me ex rac van

There’s a few threads on here about RAC van wiring.

Welcome.

Pete

Thanks. Only really wanting to get rear mirror camera working. For some reason everything else still works in the back .but not that

Welcome to the club. I just picked mine up yesterday.
What's the spec on it ? mileage gearbox etc.. how are you finding the orange? are you planning to convert it?
Hi, thank you, we got it quite cheap because it’s got 126,000 miles on it, it’s a start line but with air con, folding mirrors etc, the orange is good, we are gong for this kind of look ( I know it’s a t5 but love the look)

IMG_5042.jpeg

Nice. I'm struggling with the orange but it might grow on me mines got 109k on it and a DSG box which I wanted and they really are value for money the equivalent non RAC van was circa 27k.
I'm pleased with mine just got to get stuck in and strip it out but the weather has been awful today so play has been suspended.

Yeah sounds good! Ours is a manual. It’s in the garage at the mo having a full service and timing belt done.

And yeah can’t wait to it back home and start stripping all that racking out

What’s your plan of action with it ?

IMG_5045.jpeg

IMG_5046.jpeg

My plan is to strip it out cut the holes for the windows and then respray it In a colour I can live with then I'll soundproof insulate and carpet line it I am still debating whether or not to put a pop top on it then I will have to do the suspension as the RAC one it just to stiff and it handles wrong without a full load I don't know if yours is the same but the steering is to light and it makes it feel disconnected to the road you get no feel and it's just to skittish. There's loads of extras i will do but I haven't quite decided what yet.

My plan is to strip it out cut the holes for the windows and then respray it In a colour I can live with then I'll soundproof insulate and carpet line it I am still debating whether or not to put a pop top on it then I will have to do the suspension as the RAC one it just to stiff and it handles wrong without a full load I don't know if yours is the same but the steering is to light and it makes it feel disconnected to the road you get no feel and it's just to skittish. There's loads of extras i will do but I haven't quite decided what yet.
Sounds like a plan, doe's yours have a tailgate ? I know it's a bit early to start thinking about it but we want a bike rack on ours, but think the tailgate will be in the way!!

I have found this info online Best Bike Racks For a VW T6 Buyers Guide -Best Car Bike Rack but not sure ?!?!

Sounds like a plan, doe's yours have a tailgate ? I know it's a bit early to start thinking about it but we want a bike rack on ours, but think the tailgate will be in the way!!

I have found this info online Best Bike Racks For a VW T6 Buyers Guide -Best Car Bike Rack but not sure ?!?!
Can recommend the Thule Velospace XT3 if you have a tailgate/tow bar as you can hinge it out of the way and open the tailgate even with bikes on. You can also get a 4th bike adaptor too.

IMG_3776.png

I had a tailgate mounted one initially but found it awkward to have to remove the bikes to open the lid.

Back