New T6.1 delivery tomorrow, but.....

BigDean

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Afternoon all,

During the few months waiting for the delivery of my new T6.1 PV I have had plenty of time to decide on the interior. Plenty of time to change the design a million times.

The final decision was to have windows all round and Caravelle rails/seating installed along with the carpet lining. This is a daily driver, and have no need to camping as we have a motorhome for that.

Then after reading another thread on here about someone buying a Caravelle with a deep discount, it got me thinking.

In summary, I can go buy a Caravelle for about the same money that it is costing me for van+windows+floor+lining+seating.

So... Should I sell the van "as new", and buy a Caravelle, or should I continue down the path of converting the PV?

Will a 5 year old Caravelle have more value than a converted van?

Thoughts on a postcard please :thumbsup:

Thanks
BigDean

Tricky decision that. The Caravelle look really plush, proper comfy (whether they are or not I don't know).

Might be nice having the knowledge that the converted PV still has factory warranty - or is the Caravelle new too?

Tricky decision that. The Caravelle look really plush, proper comfy (whether they are or not I don't know).

Might be nice having the knowledge that the converted PV still has factory warranty - or is the Caravelle new too?

Thanks for that. Would be new.

If I could have afforded it I'd have gone for a Caravlle over a kombi.
If you went for a Caravlle you could jump in and drive away. No waiting for the seats windows etc to be added.

Afternoon all,

During the few months waiting for the delivery of my new T6.1 PV I have had plenty of time to decide on the interior. Plenty of time to change the design a million times.

The final decision was to have windows all round and Caravelle rails/seating installed along with the carpet lining. This is a daily driver, and have no need to camping as we have a motorhome for that.

Then after reading another thread on here about someone buying a Caravelle with a deep discount, it got me thinking.

In summary, I can go buy a Caravelle for about the same money that it is costing me for van+windows+floor+lining+seating.

So... Should I sell the van "as new", and buy a Caravelle, or should I continue down the path of converting the PV?

Will a 5 year old Caravelle have more value than a converted van?

Thoughts on a postcard please :thumbsup:

Thanks
BigDean
Value or more importantly is price paid is normally decided by a combination of demand, availability, location and how long you are willing to wait for a sale.

Your basically converting your van into a Caravelle.

I had a T5.1 previously and I converted it (sound deadening, insulating, ply line and covering) just didn't get round to the windows.
This time I realised that I was basically turning the van into a velle so I jumped at a velle. We don't camp in it as we have some lovely polycotton tents we use, the only issue is they are pretty large. This is no issue for the velle, we drop the bench out and the kids sit on the 2nd row, we have more than enough room for all the camping kit behind them. You will get more sound deadening on a velle as standard. Mine has all they toys of a modern car i suspect the T6.1 velle's will have even more.

I think a Velle would hold its value better, other things to consider are it’s car vs van speed limits but the road tax will be higher on the Velle!
How much will you loose selling the van? How long is the wait for a Velle?...

I believe the velle is the same tax as a kombi, good point also that there is no legal grey area for speed restrictions.

I believe the velle is the same tax as a kombi, good point also that there is no legal grey area for speed restrictions.
Velle is taxed as a car which attracts the higher initial rate as its over £40k new
Kombi is flat rate tax since it’s a lcv

Thanks all,

The missus and I had a good look last night at the Velle and decided that we are going to press ahead with the conversion. We are having VanShades installed, a suede halo roof with LED downlights and around the perimeter and electrics put in. We just thought the final look will be more "us" than the standard Velle.

Roadtax/residuals etc whilst important, not as important as enjoying my daily driver as much as I can.

Will post some pictures when its all done :)

Thanks again
BigDean

Back